Chapter nineteen

Hey y'all, how are you doing?
Stay safe ohhh.
Before you read this chapter, Go BACK AND VOTE ON THE CHAPTERS YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR. Ejorrr.

It's not hard, just touch the star ☆.
Namaste.

' So you mean you won't date me?" That was Tracy talking to Nathan, she's trying so hard to make Nathan like her. She figured that if she could at least make Nathan fall for her , a little attention would come to her side. She wanted the popularity that bad.

Oghomwen had been doing the background work for her , that included monitoring Natasha and Joviana and from what Oghomwen said it seemed like Natasha was planning something.
" Are you mad?, don't you have an iota of shame? , you just cornered your friend's ex boyfriend to an empty class to ask him to date you , why do you think I'll say yes, you're as dumb as a Tailor's mannequin " Nathan said and walked out of the class.

Tracy tried to blink back the tears that were threatening to come out of her eyes .
'Why does everyone have to remind me that I'm a nobody?"' She thought and slumped on the chair tired and frustrated.

"Natty, what is your plan? " a curious Elizabeth asked .
"nothing much, just a little lesson I would love to teach a dumb princess who believes in happy ever after, she really thinks it will end like that, shame!"

" I knew your apologies were fake, you're a great actress though" Elizabeth said laughing.

" yes baby " Natasha said smiling mischievously.

" let's go home , I've important things to do" She said and slung her fancy pink bag on her shoulder .
Elizabeth followed suit as they joined the chattering students facing the school gate.

●●
Natasha walked stealthily along the tiny footpath, she had covered her uniform shirt and tie with a big hoodie, and she was wearing fancy slides, which was a bad idea now that she thought of it as thorns kept piercing her delicate skin.
All the same, it would be quiet difficult for anybody to recognise her as a student from Crystal academy.
She stopped walking as she got to an uncompleted building , " Desmond!" She called in a loud whisper but nobody answered, she took her phone and tried dialling a number. Just then a fair , tall figure with rough hair jumped out of the building startling Natasha.
" gee, you scared me!" Natasha said recovering from the shock.
" sorry babe" he replied smiling.
" Desmond, don't give me that smile, I need your help" she said exasperated.

" Ohh, really?" Desmond said snaking his hand round her waist.

" yes, now,will you cut the crap and let's get to business?" she said trying to subdue the annoyance In her voice, Desmond had always been obsessed with her body, that's why she didn't date him in the first place.

Desmond was an old friend of hers, they had met when Natasha and her mother still lived in a dirty house in one of those slums, Desmond was a complete tout ,a handsome one though, he had tried asking her out but she kept rejecting him and Desmond had just resolved to pretending they were together, through out the duration of her stay in the slum nobody dared to touch Natasha for " the fear of Desmond was the beginning of wisdom "

Now, Natasha needed someone to tidy some loose ends up and he was the perfect pick.

" I need you to teach someone a lesson, don't Kill Her, just a little injuries and all that " Natasha said with emphasis on the ' kill , she didn't want anyone's blood on her hands.

" who's she , if I may ask? " Desmond said.
" not important, I'd send her picture to you with a transfer of 20k,make sure it's without hitches" Natasha said .

" yes ma" Desmond laughed mockingly.
"I' m done here" Natasha said and started walking towards the direction she came from.
" come back now, you sef" Demond said as he pulled her into a tight hug and placed his lips on hers.

Veronica sat on the chair next to the hospital bed her mother laid. She was still unconscious .
God, make her pull through this.

Veronica prayed in her mind. She caressed her mother's hands gently. This woman had been through a lot and it was just a shame that she had to marry someone like her dad who took delight in chasing anything under skirt, recently Veronica had been trying to subdue the thought of growing without one of her parents as that was what happened after divorce, nobody could see the pain she was hiding except Joviana.

As she thought of her friend she smiled. Her thoughts also wandered towards the issue of Clinton, her brother , he was probably somewhere cooling off with some hard drug - yes, Veronica recently discovered marijuana in Clinton's bags, while she was snooping around.

She sincerely hoped he was fine though a part of her was getting to hate him for making her go through all these alone.
" Hey lil sis."

Veronica stopped and tried to process who the voice belonged to , it almost sounded strange.
Anger, joy, anxiety- these feelings veronica felt all at once, it was her brother, Clinton .
" Hey ,Responsible elder Bro" Veronica said sarcastically. With emphasis on the responsible.

CLINTON ruffled his dreaded hair tiredly and slumped on the chair next to his sister.
" You came home to ask for money for dope huh" Veronica said angrily.
" Chill" he replied not taking her seriously.
" You're the one who needs to chill, maybe if you behaved responsibly and act like a big brother mum wouldn't feel so helpless, you're just a selfish person! " veronica said angrily .

" I didn't come.."

" it's okay," Veronica cut him short " but I think this family is better off without you" she said and walked out of the ward.
Immediately She left the ward to the reception, she felt regretful of the things she said to her brother, especially the last part..

" when she's awake, tell her I visited " veronica heard her brother say to a nurse, he was leaving and Veronica wanted to run and hold his hands but her legs didn't budge.

THAT'S CHAPTER TWENTY, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
VOTEEEEEEEE😿🙇🙇
Leave a comment too. That's how you can encourage me to keep updating.
I love y'all
KAFFYTHEVIRGO💫👑