chapter four

Sorry for the late update but I was not really encouraged with the reads and votes. Please add this book to your library and don't forget to vote.
Comment too.
Thanks.
_______________________
  As joviana was about to go, jacinta called her back " Please help me buy fanta and two gala, I'm hungry ehhn.." she said bringing out a #500 note from her balenciaga purse.
 "Ok senior I'll be back " joviana said walking away quickly before someone added her own order...
'No wonder veronica avoids ss3 class"
Joviana thought.

"We'll be under the mango tree there" Julia  said as the girls moved towards the mango tree.

When joviana got to the cafeteria, she was glad the queue wasn't too long and she was the 6th person on the line, then boom❗she noticed a slim, tall and fair figure in her front, although she didn't see his face, she knew immediately that it was "Kelly the fine boy".she panicked a little but then remembered that she had nothing to fear or worry about, he had no reason to harm her but still there was an uneasiness in her.

Just then he whipped his head backwards and faced joviana.
" Eh eh . Madam , why are you stalking me?" Kelly said mockingly.
" As you can see, I'm not stalking you, I came to buy something" joviana said  rolling her eyes.  She was annoyed.
" okay oh !" he said with a note of finality but still continued staring at her.
Joviana felt uncomfortable but tried not to stare back at him.it was really awkward.
" Oh boy! na something you come buy abi na girl you con look?" The lunch lady said loudly bringing kelly back to his environment.
   Joviana was grateful for the distraction but soon the feeling washed away as the students in the cafeteria turned towards kelly and joviana and soon the murmurs started.
" that's the new girl "" yes she's pretty", "why is she looking like mumu?
" see as her yanch flat"
Different people whispered.
Joviana felt like the ground should just swallow her , she was suddenly ashamed knowing most of the students were looking at her.

Kelly bought what he wanted and walked out of the cafeteria guyishly and when he was close to the doorpost turned to wink at Joviana.
Joviana felt herself smiling foolishly and she shook herself mentally..
No I cant be blushing for that egoistic boy, She thought.

Joviana moved forward to buy what her sister's friend asked for. After buying, she went to meet them under the mango tree and gave senior jacinta the snacks.

" Thank you my dear " senior jacinta said and handed her a #100 note.
" nooo. No need to.... I'll be on my way now " Joviana said smiling.
Jacinta thanked her again and Joviana  left the seniors presence.

Joviana felt her breast pocket for her money, it was still intact but she didn't go back to the cafeteria to buy something.. she was still ashamed or shy after the whole kelly episode, she was not in the mood for any other kelly episode till the end of the day and possibly the end of the term.
  As she got to the class, she went to her seat. Veronica was munching some cookies from a pack in her hand and sipping some hollandia yoghurt from a can.
" You're enjoying oo" Joviana said to veronica smiling..
" Oh ohhh, don't let me laugh oh , joviana is this one enjoyment?" Veronica said almost choking due to laughter, Joviana didn't understand what was funny.

" What is funny? Yes nah, it's enjoyment " joviana said smiling.  She liked Veronica and the type of vibe she had.

" My definition of enjoyment is fried rice, chicken, fish and even egg with one coooold fanta" veronica said with much emphasis on the 'cold' , she was smiling dreamily.
" you sure know how to eat, but how come you're not fat? I'll start calling you Mrs  food" joviana said smiling
 " Abeg ee, leave that one, do you care for some cookies?" Veronica asked handing a pack of cookie to her.
" No , thank you. I'll get something when I'm going home, Joviana  politely declined.
" Hmm , why didn't you buy anything you've been out for long, didn't you collect something from your sister again?" Veronica asked
" I went oh, but her friend sent me to buy her something and I saw one rude boy like that.. Kelly, now he has spoilt my mood. Mtcheww" Joviana said and hissed.
" Ehnn gist me" Veronica said anticipating the story
" Nothing much.. I only exchanged words with him " she replied not mentioning the part that he was staring at her.
  " Tell me something I don't know" veronica said in a nosy way that was amusing , you just got here and you already had an episode with our fine boy.. you are lucky oo" veronica said
" go joor..  I don't know why you people are hyping him , he's not that fine, he's just slim and tall" Joviana said and waved her hands in the hair as if a fly was disturbing.

" Okay oh.. if you say so.. but that boy is hot cake oh do you know how many  girls are dying to have him?" Veronica replied hitting Joviana lightly on her shoulder.
   This girl sure knows how to talk.. joviana thought.
Just then the bell signalling the end of break was rung.
     After the break , classes continued ,  they had English language , the English teacher was a stern looking man who didnt even ask for the names of the new students. He just went to the board and wrote the day's  topic and started teaching. He started most of his explanations with " as ss 1 students  you all are supposed to understand that..." and Joviana found that annoying because most of the things he said, she had not heard of them before.
  After teaching he simply picked up his textbook and cane and left the class the same way he came  (quietly).
  Soon it was time for closing and after waving veronica goodbye, Joviana slung her bag on her shoulder and went to look for her sister . Her first day at school hadn't been that bad, thanks to her talkative/foodie friend- Veronica , she had even promised to show her round the school.

__________

Thanks for reading
So what do you think of veronica?
Do you think joviana and Kelly will have a  ' thing'😉?
What do you think of Veronica.
Write a comment.👇
Vote.