Chapter three

The class was spacious and the sitting arrangement was two students to a seat, there was a painting of Nelson Mandela on the wall drawn by one of the students called "Yommy starz" probably his nickname. The artist was  really talented, Joviana thought,the class was painted white and grey and the tiles were cream with some designs on it.
Joviana kept on walking, then she saw an empty seat, a girl was sitting  at the other side of the chair reading a harlequin novel. Joviana made to introduce herself and ask if the seat was vacant. That was a wrong move as the girl cut her short
"Aiss! is this one your seat? Abeg Natasha sits down here and if you like trouble put your bum on the chair " the girl hissed and continued reading her book.

Joviana was stunned, she wondered why the girl talked as if she knew her or the so called " Natasha " before .
'' I'm sorry " Joviana quickly adjusted herself and walked away to avoid drawing attention .

Not everyone was nice to new people.. joviana thought and made a mental note to deal with the girl, maybe some other time. She wondered who Natasha was too.
"Hii . New girl, come sit here" a light skinned girl gestured at her, she was sitting on the third seat in the last row.
Joviana thanked her stars and made her way to the girl's seat.

"Thank you soo much, you're my guardian angel , you just saved me from being eaten raw by an angry dog" Joviana said smiling
" you're welcome don't mind Tracy, she's like that most times ,you'll get used to her, I am Veonica by name, but don't call me Vero ooo , it sounds local " the girl said laughing.
" Okay veronica.. I am jo.vi.a.na you can call me Jovi or viana or vee, choose anyone "  she said laughing.
  " This girl you won't kill me with laugh , I'll just call you jayvee" veronica said
" okay that's fine "

Just then the math teacher came in, she was very pretty and dark skinned with hazel eyes and pointed nose, she had dark  shiny virgin hair, she wore a yellow choker top, a black high waist skirt , and a pair of black court shoes which added to her already tall height.  She had a hour glass figure and she looked like one of those melanin divas used for music videos.
"This aunty can dress o" Joviana whispered to veronica before the class stood up to greet.

"Thank you class, please sit" she said with a tiny high pitched voice and a nice accent.
" her voice is to kill for too" joviana added.
"It's okay , this girl you like talk oo"veronica said laughing quietly.
" I'm Miss Sheraton Ogwu for those who are new " the maths teacher introduced herself.

"Please if you're new stand up " she said. Joviana and two others were standing
"Introduce yourself, starting from you "she said pointing to a new boy
" I'm Henry Makinwa" the tall fair boy with an afro hair cut introduced himself
"Have your seat, you?" She told Henry and asked the other girl.

"Pamela Echemunor" the girl said and sat down.
" and you?" The math teacher said looking at joviana
"I'm Joviana Edugie"
"Sorry I didn't get that " the teacher said raising her eyebrows and some students started laughing
''How can a name so simple be so hard? " Joviana thought
"Jo.vi.a.na Edugie" she said slowly emphasizing each syllable.
"Okay, sit." the lady said.

The first five periods before break were tiring for Joviana as she had to introduce herself five times with some teachers asking her to say her name again..
" is it my fault my name is unique??" She asked herself
"Grhh grrh!"the bell was rung signifying the end of break.
" Please come and show me ss3b class, my sister said i should collect my money from her during break " Joviana said to veronica who was packing her books getting ready to go out for break.
" ss3b? Who's your sister there? Veronica asked.
"Julia" Joviana replied.

"Ohh I don't want to pass there oo before one senior sends me an errand" Veronica said apologetically.
" So, they're like that ? I'll just find my way there I guess"  Joviana said
" Okay,not like I don't want to show you oo, but ss3 seniors taught me a lesson last term, I'm on my way to the cafeteria I'll just escort you , ss3 is upstairs by the way"
   "Thank you , what did they do to you sef" Joviana asked
" story for another day joor" veronica said .
  Joviana and veronica walked to the staircase leading to ss3 class then veronica went to the cafeteria to get her snacks then she was left alone to find ss3b class.
Trying to locate the class,a boy bumped into her.

"Ahn ahn, don't you look when walking " joviana complained

" You too, are you blind??"the boy replied with an 'are-you-dumb' expression on his face.
" huh" Joviana said stunned at his rude behaviour

" Mtchewww." the boy hissed and walked away.

Joviana just sighed and shook her head
" because God just gave him fine face and good stature " she thought.
   Joviana was somwhat angry, how could somebody be rude upon the fact that he/she was wrong?

She sighed quietly, thanking God as she saw her sister standing with her friends she went to meet when they arrived at school in the morning.
" Hi Julia.. I came for my money" Joviana said to julia
" I can see you just had a little drama with our fine boy-kelly" julia joked

" Hmm.. kelly"

One of the girls said in an amusing manner.

'' You can't greet abi?" Another one said
'' Sorry good afternoon seniors" Joviana greeted immediately
" Take it easy on her na, she's my lil sis I told you about na" Julia said smiling
" wow she fine pass you ooo"the one that demanded for greeting said.
"I know you're joking" Julia said glaring at her friend.  She hated being  compared.
" abeg no chop me raw" the girl said in pidgin
" what's your name " the same senior asked.
" Joviana" she replied
" unique name my dear, I'm senior Jacinta" the girl complimented
" just call me senior Jamie " the one that said 'hmmm Kelly' added.
" so these are my friends Joviana, if anybody messes with you, make sure you tell them" Julia said laughing.
" as I don like you soo, nobody must touch you oo"Jacinta said laughing heartily.

   The girls were nice,  Joviana decided she liked them, Julia gave her her lunch money and as she was about to go,Jacinta called her back.

     ______________________________________

This chapter is dedicated toBamiswVictoria I love You b💚💙
That's chapter three.  I hope you enjoyed reading  it as much as I enjoyed writing it( but typing isn't easy oo)lol.
See you in the next chappie.😉😊