chapter fourteen

On Friday was the aerobics day at Crystal academy, it was the second term of the session when the school normally organised their inter house sport event. Rehearsals were kicked off today and the students were already shared into different houses- Diamond,Ruby, silver, platinum and Gold.
The old students already knew their houses, while the new students were made to pick a folded paper from a basket, any house written on the paper was the house the student belonged to.

Joviana chose gold house and so she would have to wear the yellow house aerobics wear ( she hated yellow) she wanted to be in Diamond house because they wore blue ( blue is her favourite colour)and she had been in no other house apart from Diamond since she started schooling.
" well I guess it's for the best" she thought and started searching for the part of the field where the gold house was practising.
Veronica was in ruby house so she had already found her way to their practising area to play tennis.

Just then she saw Kelly coming from the opposite direction, they still hadn't spoken since he snubbed her.
Joviana intended to ignore him as usual but Kelly seemed prepared for that as he held her arm.
" please, hear me out!" He said quite frustrated because of her attitude.
Joviana swatted his hand off her arm " yes, what do you want?"
" God! Joviana you're soo difficult " He said running his fingers through his hair.
" did you call me to insult me?"Joviana asked.
" No, No! I'm sorry!" He said pleadingly.
"For?" Joviana asked raising a questioning eyebrow.
"For snubbing you, I guess."

"Apologies accepted " she said and started walking again.
" do you know where the gold house is practising?"Joviana asked him, he was walking besides her.
" ohh, you're in gold house? " he asked.
" yup" she replied rolling her eyes.
" haa! You don't like the house? They do well during inter house sport competitions o"he replied .
" don't know, don't care!, aren't we there yet?" She replied.
" Hey, drop the attitude!" Kelly said.
" sorry, I'm prolly being a ass hole right now, don't mind me" joviana muttered and apologised.
She just saw her period and was experiencing the usual mood swings.
Kelly showed her the practising area and jogged off after telling her to have fun.
The housemasters were a corper( he taught the junior school ) and Mrs Uba the marketing teacher .

All the students there were writing their names in a long sheet of paper so joviana joined the queue. After some time everybody's name was on the list and they handed it over to the corper.

Mrs Uba gave an introductory speech for the sake of the new comers . They were to choose any of the sport activities they were good in e.g table tennis, lawn tennis, basket ball, football , running, acrobatics etc.
Those who weren't interested in any of that could join the march past or cheerleaders.
Joviana found herself amongst the students marching, she wasn't sporty and wasn't interested in cheerleading either.

Joviana discovered that Nathan was in gold house too but he hadn't given her as much as a glance. They had been rehearsing for their project though .

" left! Left! Left right!" The commander shouted on top of his voice. Sweat was dripping from his face because the sun had come out in full force.
Joviana was tired and her legs hurt so did her stomach.
Mrs Uba kept going round looking at the thirty two students who were matching.
" hey,you aren't doing it right " she would occasionally say to a faltering student.
Joviana was shocked when Mrs Uba told her to step aside and have a seat.
" maybe she has noticed that I am not too well" joviana thought.

After marching for some time, Mrs Uba and the seniors in the house helped to organise the students . They were all sweaty due to the scorching sun, they sat down on the grass and started chugging down bottles of water, they were allowed some minutes of rest.
After the seniors managed to get the students to keep quiet Mrs Uba started talking.
" well done my lovelies! I can see you all are sweaty and tired. I know if we continue like this through out ,we will get many trophies on d- day" . She said smiling. She sure knew how to make the tired students feel better.
'For sure na!'
' gold house for life'the students hollered happily .
When the noise had died down , Mrs Uba continued " joviana, step forward " she ordered.
That moment joviana's heart stopped working for a split sec. "oh my God, she Wants to humiliate me for not marching well" joviana thought.

" You will be our queen, the queen of gold house" Mrs Uba said and Joviana heaved a big sigh of relief .

"Ehn ehnn.. Nathan, come here!, you're obviously the finest boy here" Mrs Uba said scrutinizing him.
" you will be the king"

Nathan was clearly not pleased with the idea and this was not hidden in his facial expression.
After making the announcement the students except for joviana and Nathan who were told to stay behind by Mrs Uba , dispersed to their classes.

" Ma, I don't think I want to be the king." Nathan said immediately the trio started discussing.
" why?" Mrs Uba asked.
" it's not convenient for me" he said.
" it doesn't have to, it's just a one day thing you know!" Mrs Uba told him not really considering his complaint.
" there is a trophy for the best royalties you know, I want us to win" Mrs Uba said.
Joviana was wondering why Mrs Uba picked her as queen, of course she was pretty but she was clearly not the prettiest girl in the house.

" you guys are to dress up in gold themed costumes , you don't have to worry about funds, the school will provide money for the costume materials" she said.
" Ok ma " joviana said.
"You can go to your class"Mrs Uba said
Joviana walked ahead of Nathan to the class to avoid any conversation and to rest her legs. She was soo tired.

***********
Back home, joviana told Julia about her being picked as queen of gold house and she was delighted and kept begging to do her make-up and style her hair.
" no be me you go take practice " joviana said laughing heartily.
" see you, me that will soon do make up for Otedola's wife and even Rihanna" julia replied throwing Joviana a pillow.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

HEY GUYS!
I'm sooo glad I updated.💙🍭

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!
I loveeee you guys like mad!😍😚😙
Never ever doubt that.
Vote! Vote! Vote!
Recommend to your friends too lovelies

Quick question: which house do you belong to in secondary school ?
Me: green house
Comment! Comment.. 😌 lemme see my housemates😂😚
Xoxo😙💙
_kaffy💙