1.10

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 10: Baseball

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

The smile on Ruby's face couldn't be contained as she sat with the humans. She could feel the lust dripping from both Eric and Mike as she sat next to Angela. Mike was more fixated on Bella than the Hybrid and she was relieved, though found it amusing how Edward could literally rip the boy in two.

"Are you going to Prom?" Eric asked the girl, who shrugged. "I'm not sure, I haven't decided yet."

"What?!" Jessica screeched, causing Ruby to flinch. The girl's voice was usually irritating, but to hear her make a sound similar to a tortured cat was almost too much to bare. 

"How can you not go to Prom? It's like, an amazing experience, something no girl should miss."

"I guess I'm different" Ruby replied. "You should go, it will be nice" Angela told the girl, who smiled. "If I do go, will you save me a dance?"

Angela blushed at the girl's words. Of course she would dance with Ruby, the most beautiful girl she had ever seen, one that put Supermodels to shame. The friendship she shared with Ruby was strange, yet she liked it.

"I'll save you a dance" Eric said, causing Angela to roll her eyes. 'Of course he'd say that. He only cares about how a girl looks, not what's on the inside.'

Ruby smiled a beautiful, yet clearly false smile at the boy. "I wasn't asking you." She turned to Angela, waiting for the girl to answer. "Of course I'll save you a dance."

"So, why aren't you and Edward dating?" Jessica randomly asked. Angela looked offended at her friend. "Jess!" "What? I mean, all her siblings are dating, isn't it strange she isn't dating Edward?"

Surprisingly to Angela, Ruby didn't see offended. The blonde girl knew everybody was curious on her family and now one of the Cullens were sitting with them, they could finally get the answers they so desperately wanted. 

"The fact all my adopted siblings are dating is purely coincidental. They're compatible, Edward and I, we are not" Ruby told her.

"Why does Edward always stare at Bella? It's like he's ready to take a bullet for her. It's scary" Eric said.

"It's not scary" Angela defended the boy. "True" Jessica added, while nodding her head. "I wish somebody would look at me like that." Angela hummed, agreeing with her friend.

A chuckle escaped Ruby's mouth at the two girls' words. They were both so in love with the idea of love. If they discovered the existence of mates, they'd wish to be one, perhaps even try create a 'love potion'.

"Edward is old fashioned. He believes in love, true love, like in the early 1900's."

All, apart from Bella, were oblivious to the joke. Bella had heard the whole conversation, a conversation similar to one she shared with a persistent Mike. She felt relieved the Hybrid accepted her into the family with ease, despite the difficult situation.

Ruby wasn't just her boyfriend's sister, she was her best friend.

~~ * ~~

A laugh escaped Rosalie's mouth as Ruby pushed her mate, causing him to fall. He quickly got off the ground and pouted at his girlfriend. "She's being horrible again!" "You're just a giant baby" Ruby teased.