1.7

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 7: The Descendants

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

A smile was on Ruby's face as she went to school on her bike. She loved the wind blowing her hair,  blowing in her face. She found it rather relaxing and with recent drama, she needed some relaxation. 

When she pulled up to the school, everybody stared at her, as per usual. Whenever Ruby took her bike people took it as an invitation to stare at her, more than normal.

A grin was on Ruby's face as she saw Bella and Edward. "Bella Boo!" The girl shouted, causing everyone to look toward the human. Ruby ran over to Bella, hugging the girl, who laughed.

"Ruby, you are insane" Edward told his sister, while smiling slightly. He adored his sister and the fact she was protecting Bella, just as he would made him delighted.  "You cannot steal her away forever, Eddie" Ruby said, while grinning.

Bella smiled as she looked between the siblings. It was difficult to tell they weren't actually related, they teased each other as if they were. "It's good to see you, Ruby" Bella said, causing the blonde to wink.

"You should come over to mine sometime, we can watch movies" Bella suggested. "I'll be there tomorrow." Ruby winked before leaving the couple alone.

Ruby walked passed Rosalie, who glared at her fellow blonde. "Love you too, Rosie Poo" Ruby said as she blew a kiss to her older sibling.

~~ * ~~

The day remained the same, everyone stared at Bella, who was either with Ruby, or the surprising one, Edward. Usually Edward was either with Ruby or another one of his siblings.

The students had many theories on what was happening, the main being Edward trying to be nice because Ruby liked the girl. Or that he was planning to murder her, that was Ruby's favourite theory.

During lunch Bella and Edward sat together, alone, while everybody stared at them. Ruby left the couple alone as she made her way over to the rest of her siblings. "Hello my wonderful family" the hybrid greeted them, getting a smile from them all, apart from Rosalie, who was glaring at the couple.

A sigh escaped Ruby's mouth as she realised her sister was still staring at the newly formed couple. "I know why you feel-" "No, you don't!" the blonde vampire snapped. "You're capable of having a family, children, we're not!"

Rosalie stood up and walked out of the cafeteria, not bothering to take her things. Emmett smiled sadly at Ruby, before grabbing both his and Rosalie's things and going after his mate.

Ruby felt a small hand grab hers, she knew instantly it was her small sisters. "Things will get better" Alice assured her. "I hope so" the blonde mumbled. "I hate when we fight." "All that matters is Edward found his mate" Alice said.

"We just have to find you someone, if they can handle your crazy personality" Jasper teased, causing the blonde girl to chuckle. "I doubt that will ever happen."

"At least you'll have tomorrow, when you go for a sleepover at Bella's house" Alice said. Ruby couldn't help the smile appear on her face. Alice was always looking for positives in their lives, always wanting to help her family. "Do you always look into the future?" "Only when it involves your happiness" Alice replied, causing Ruby to grin.