1.8

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Part 8: Bella's Sleepover

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

It was strange for Ruby to be at a human's house. She never thought she'd be close to a human, though she was kind to Angela. Bella was a different story, a different person, she was Edward's mate.

Ruby smiled at the thought of her brother finally being happy, with a girl who made him feel loved. She wasn't thrilled at the idea of Bella being a human, considering she'd have to be changed in order to live forever with Edward.

A loud humming sound escaped Ruby's mouth as she shoved another slice of pizza in her mouth. The food was greasy, yet it was different to what she usually had.

"I have to admit, I thought a vegetarian pizza would be horrible, though it's actually quite nice."

"Why did you get a veggie pizza?" Bella asked the girl, who grinned. "It was supposed to be a joke. I live with vegetarians, who kill animals, so why not eat vegetables."

Bella chuckled slightly at the irony of the situation. Ruby was eating vegetables because her family killed animals, drinking their blood.

Once the two girls finished eating, Bella brought the empty pizza boxes downstairs. Ruby had treated the two Swans, buying Charlie a pepperoni pizza and Bella a chicken pizza.

The door opened and Ruby smiled at the two Swans. "I, ugh, I just came to say good night girls." "Good night, Mr Swan, thank you for allowing me to stay" Ruby said, a perfect smile on her face. "It's no problem at all, but in future, call me Charlie." He looked at Bella, nodding his head. "Goodnight."

Bella shut the door, shaking her head. "Sorry about him." "Why?" Ruby asked confused. "He's just being a dad. If we were at mine, I'm sure Carlisle would check on us too."

"How-how did you meet Carlisle?" Bella closed her eyes, afraid that the girl would shout at her, telling her how it was none of her business. 

Ruby smiled at the girl's shyness, she was afraid to ask even the basic things in fear she'd snap.

"Bella you can ask me anything and I will tell you." She gently held Bella's hands, smiling at her. "I am not a monster, I won't bite, well, not without consent."

A small chuckle escaped Bella's mouth, before she asked her question once more. "How did you meet Carlisle?"

"Carlisle and I go back many, many years, back in 1600's, I-"

"You're a over 400 years old?" Bella gasped out.

Ruby let out a laugh at Bella's shock. She knew the girl was oblivious to her age, she was over 400 years old. "I'm roughly 500 years old, give or take."

"Wow, you-you look good" Bella stuttered. "It's the Siren within me. How else could I seduce my pray." Ruby winked, causing the human to smile. 

"I met Carlisle whilst I stayed with, my old family."

A sad smile was on Ruby's face as she thought of her old friends, her old family. She missed them, they were once a very important part of her life and now they were nothing but a distant memory. She stayed away from them for the safety of her sister, Alice, who Aro would have  obsessed over. He had the power to inflict unimaginable pain, as well as take away a person/peoples senses, but the power to see the future is something he would use for evil, not that he didn't use other powers for evil.

Bella frowned as she noticed the distant look in Ruby's face. The girl missed her old family, the sad look was evidence, so why didn't she just go see them?

"Your old family?" Bella asked quietly.

"I lived with another coven before the Cullens, before Carlisle, who later joined. But you see, they were quite twisted and human killers." A chuckle escaped Ruby's mouth.  "They'd kill you in a heart beat, no hesitation."

"Why-"

"Did I stay with them?" Ruby finished for her. "I cared for them deeply, despite what people say, they were my family. Now, they're just old friends."

"How did Carlisle meet them?" Bella asked.

"That's more Carlisle's story to tell, though I will say we left together. I joined him and he became my close friend. We travelled the world, helping people. There was only so much we could do."

A small chuckle left Ruby's mouth as she remembered what happened next. What Carlisle did for her.

"And then we met Edward. Carlisle thought we'd be together, though it didn't work in his favour. We were too close and not compatible, because he was waiting for you." Ruby smiled at the girl, before continuing. "We once pretended to be together for school, though all I did was make him uncomfortable. It become clear that we couldn't be trusted to act as a couple."

"What happened?" Bella asked.

"I'd hang onto his arm and whisper stupid, inappropriate things that would either make him laugh or scoff."

Ruby smiled, as she looked down at her hand. She remembered the time her and Edward held hands, it was awkward, uncomfortable. They were family, nothing more and they were glad it was that way.

"Have you ever been in love?" Bella asked.

Love.

Ruby knew what it was like to have somebody love her, yet she herself had never felt that way for anyone. She wished she did know how it felt to love someone romantically, not just crave them for lust. She wanted love, she wanted to have what have family did, somebody to love and be loved in return.

"No, I have never been in love" Ruby admitted. "Though I have been loved."

"I'm not surprised, even boys at school would drop at your feet if you asked them to" Bella mumbled.

"None of them love me, they lust me. Love isn't something I take lightly, nor should anyone else. When somebody loves you and you love them, nothing will make you happier." Ruby smiled at Bella, gently holding her hand. "Edward will make you happy, as you will him."

Bella smiled at the girl she considered her friend. She was nervous about officially meeting the rest of the family, unsure how they would take to a human being in the house.

"Just so you know, Rosalie hates you" Ruby told the girl, whose eyes widened. "She hates the fact your human and probably that Edward likes you, since he never thought of her that way."

"Why would she want that?" Bella asked, confused. It seemed as if Ruby was hinting Rosalie liked the boy. Did she?

"Rosalie is beautiful, even before she changed, which enhanced her beauty even further. Edward never complimented her like all men did before him. He wasn't interested slightly in the girl, knocking her self esteem momentarily."

Bella nodded her head, understanding what Ruby was telling her. It wasn't that Rosalie liked Edward, it was that Edward didn't like her.

"Should I be afraid?" the human asked.

Ruby let out a chuckle. "No, Bella Boo. You're family now and we always protect family." 

Bella smiled half heartedly at Ruby's words. While she was glad Ruby would protect her, she was afraid Rosalie would still attempt to hurt her. Ruby couldn't protect her forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ 

End Of Chapter

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

I honestly can't remember when I last published a chapter, is that bad?  Ihope you enjoyed, don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.