1.6

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 6: The Truth

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Ruby found it strange how Emmett took so long to get ready for school. While many people may have thought Rosalie would take the longest, it was usually Emmett. 

"Does your dearest Emmett have to take so long?" Ruby asked her sister, who sighed. "Unfortunately he seems to be getting worse each year."

A small smile was on Ruby's face as she heard her brother huff. The boy had appeared by their side while they were talking about him. 

"Is this what you two always do when I'm not around?" Emmett questioned. "You just decide to be rude about me?" "But of course, what else would we do?" Ruby teased. "Let's just get to school" the large boy mumbled.

It was uncommon for Ruby to go school with her sister and her mate, usually going with Edward. When Ruby went with the two, the girls would always discuss Emmett's tardiness.

Emmett and Rosalie got in the front of the jeep, while Ruby was in the back. A sigh escaped the girl's mouth. She wanted to take her bike, though was told she wasn't allowed. "Why was I unable to take my bike?" "It's raining" Rosalie reminded the girl, who shrugged. "Rain doesn't bother me."

They pulled up to the school, a sigh of relief escaped Ruby's mouth. She loved Emmett, though she didn't love his driving. "I am finally free!" Rosalie let out a chuckle as she got out of the car. She was leaning against the car, when she noticed something. Bella was staring at them.

"She knows" Edward mumbled.

"Edward, don't even think about it" Rosalie hissed, grabbing her brother's arm. He shook off the arm and walked towards Bella. He walked passed the girl and she followed him, all while his siblings watched.

Rosalie scoffed as the two walked into the forest. "Great, another problem." "I'm going to make sure they're okay" Ruby said, before she ran off at human speed. Once she was in the forest, she ran inhumanly fast until she saw her brother and Bella. She climbed a tree, listening to their conversation.

"My family and I, we're different than others of our kind. We don't hurt humans, but your scent, it's like a drug to me" Edward told Bella. "You won't hurt me" the girl replied, causing the boy to chuckle. "I want to. I've never wanted human blood so much."

"You won't hurt me" Bella mumbled. "I wouldn't have a chance, Ruby would kill me before I had the chance" Edward replied.

Bella looked at him confused. "Why is she different to the others?" "That's her story to share, though I'm sure if you ask, she'll be happy to tell you."

"Why aren't you with Ruby? She's beautiful." "I suppose you could say we're not compatible" Edward said.

Ruby continued to watch the two, waiting for the perfect moment to surprise them.

"I can't read your mind, tell me, what are you thinking?" Edward asked the girl. Bella looked at him, her eyes meeting his. "I'm afraid." "Good." He was devastated, his mate was afraid of him.

"Not of that" Bella started. "I'm afraid you'll disappear, I'm afraid I'll lose you" she mumbled, causing the vampire to smile slightly. "You don't know how long I've waited for you."

Edward hugged the girl and she hugged him back. "And so, the lion fell for the lamb" he mumbled. Bella smiled slightly. "Stupid lamb." "Sick, masochistic lion" Edward added.