1.2

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 2: Edward's Absence

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The Cullen house felt almost empty without Edward's presence. Ruby tried to remain calm, though Rosalie made it near impossible. The blonde vampire constantly complained about the boy leaving, strangely she was the only one who didn't understand why it was necessary, his temporary departure.

"It's outrageous, leaving because of a mere human..."

Ruby had heard enough, she disappeared out of the house. Her siblings all stared at Rosalie, none impressed with the blonde vampire's attitude.

"What?" 

Ruby's car pulled out of the driveway, it was at that moment they all remembered they had to get to school.

Once Ruby pulled up to the building, she got out of the car, slamming the door shut, not caring at the attention she gained in the process. All eyes were on the blonde girl, including Bella Swan, who was confused. She may have only been at Forks one day, but it was clear Edward and Ruby were close, should they not arrive together?

Bella's confusion grew as the rest of the Cullens arrived, all apart from Edward. It was clear to the human that the boy was avoiding her. But why?

~~ * ~~

Another day had passed, followed by another. It was Friday and Edward hadn't been seen since the Monday, the day Bella arrived at Forks High.

Bella had constantly been staring at the Cullen's table, wondering when Edward would arrive back, if he would. She wanted to ask them, any of them, if he was okay, if it was her fault he left, but she knew none of them would tell her, apart from Ruby.

Ruby seemed to keep an eye on the girl during Edward's absence, almost protectively, which was ridiculous. Why would a Cullen be watching her?

'It's just a coincidence' Bella thought to herself as she saw Ruby glance at her. The blonde beauty was nice, perhaps she'd tell her where Edward was.

During the next class, History, Bella could confront her, since she was the closest person to Edward and the least scary of the family.

Bella surprisingly found herself arriving to History before Ruby. She feared the girl may have changed classes, like Edward tried with Biology. The fear vanished as Ruby walked through the door, making her way straight to Bella.

"Good Afternoon Bella Boo" the blonde greeted the girl. Bella froze, unsure how to reply. She wasn't expecting the girl to be so cheerful. Ruby greeted her as if they were close friends, even giving her a  nickname.

Bella cleared her throat, ready to confront her. "Where's Edward?" "He's away" Ruby told the human. She knew the question was coming, it wasn't surprising considering the attraction between the two. "It's a family thing, biological thing. Our mother went as well."

"Oh." It wasn't what Bella was expecting, though it was an answer to a question no one else would answer. Edward didn't leave because of her and for that she was relieved.

"Do you know when he'll return?" Bella asked. "Unfortunately I don't, though I miss him" Ruby admitted.

Ruby truly did miss her brother, her best friend. Often they found themselves musically involved, him playing piano while she sang beautifully. Occasionally the boy would join her in song, though his vocals couldn't compare to the Siren.

'Soon, he'll be home soon' the blonde thought to herself. While he wouldn't be away much longer, it would always feel long without him by her side.

Perhaps she should visit the Denali's over the weekend, refill her needs as well as seeing her brother. Whenever Edward was near, her time in Alaska was much more pleasurable. She was grateful that Tanya helped her needs, she was the only person the blonde trusted to do so.

~~ * ~~

The moment Ruby arrived home she found Rosalie glaring at her. It was becoming more common for the blondes to clash, only in the last week, since Bella Swan arrived in Forks.

"Dear Rosalie, please enlighten me, why are you staring at me?"

Rosalie scoffed at the calm nature of the question. Ruby didn't care that she was being kind to the person who drove their brother away.  "How can you be so calm? How can you be so kind to the bitch that drove our brother, your best friend away? Don't you care what she did to him?"

"It appears you don't realise the seriousness of this situation. It's not Bella's fault her blood sings to Edward, nor is it Edward's. Why should I be rude to her just for that reason and that reason alone?" Ruby questioned.

"You're rude to everyone else at school apart from her and that geeky-" "Do not insult Angela" Ruby snapped at her sister. She found herself growing more angry as her sister insulted the girl she found herself connected to.

"Here we go again!" Rosalie yelled. "Once more you're protecting humans over your family! Why don't you marry her?! Or sleep with her! You sleep with everyone else!"

Ruby found herself shaking in anger. She was close to snapping at her sister, something that wasn't good for the blonde vampire. "Let's face it, Rubella." Rosalie stepped closer to her sister. "You have no self respect. Perhaps you should go to the Volturi and join your evil, vicious, scum friend."

Ruby's eyes turned black as her hand began to glow. She was furious at Rosalie and all it took was the mention her friend for her to snap. A gasp escaped Rosalie's mouth as black mist wrapped around her throat, slowly cracking her skin. Jasper was the first one to react, he charged at Ruby, knocking her to the ground, making her spell on Rosalie break.

Emmett rushed over to his girlfriend, grabbing her hand before running off. He wasn't going to risk Ruby hurting the girl, even if his girlfriend was taunting the powerful being.

Alice did nothing but watch as her mate and siblings fought. They were almost equal without Ruby using her powers, the vampire having a slight upper hand, his years in the army helping him.

Jasper pinned his fellow blonde to the ground, growling at the girl. Sometimes force was the only way for the girl to calm down and when that was the case, Emmett wasn't able to calm the girl, only Jasper.

Ruby's eyes returned to hazel, not the gold she usually turned them. She stared into Jasper's dark eyes and instantly felt calm, though it was possible her calming was due to the waves Jasper sent her way.

"Thank you" she whispered to her brother. "It wasn't your fault" Alice assured the girl. "Rosalie was the one who pushed you, she should've known better."

Jasper got off the girl, helping her to her feet. If it wasn't for Jasper, Rosalie would've been dead, or worse, the whole house could've gone up in flames.

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

End Of Chapter

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

This chapter is shorter than I wanted, I'm trying to make each chapter 2,000 words at least. I'm writing the next chapter as we speak, so hopefully that will be out in the next day or so.

Why does Rubella feel connected to Angela?