Chapter forty-four: Make me trust you Part One

*Casey's POV*

I stare and stare at the ceiling and nothing happens. Don't take me wrong I don't expect for drama to happen in here, I just wished I had something I could take my mind away with.

This overthinking doesn't help, and creating different  scenarios of what happened really doesn't help.

It's really starting to annoy me.

''FINN.'' I yell ''ANYONE'' I try again.

''What?'' Finn answers me through the intercom he has installed in here.

''At least give me something I can do in here. Like a book or a game. Otherwise I am going to go crazy. ''

I hear him sigh. 

Seconds after he comes in with a hand full of books.

''Are you into Shakespeare?'' he asks me.

''Sure. But where do you got them from so fast?''

''Personal library.'' he simply says

''You carry the entire collection of Shakespeare around with you?'' I ask astonished

''Why not?''

''Okay. I am not going to question that.''

''Thank you for that. ''

''Well, well he does have manners.'' I say surprised and take the books one by one through the bars.

''Whatever.'' he says and is about to storm out.

''Finn?'' I drag his attention

''Yes?''

''Thank you. '' and he bursts into laughing. ''Why are you laughing?''

''Wow, I think he really did it this time. I mean come on, you thank me for what? Kidnapping you?''

''Of course I am not thanking you for kidnapping. Geez. I said thank you because despite this, many would have done things different. Some would have let me starve to death, you didn't. Some would have beaten me up, you didn't.  And some could have actually killed me, but you haven't and I hope you won't. ''

He stares at me astonished, and I am quite confused of what's happening. He recomposes himself, and his face gets colder with the passing of every moment.

''Just, let me know when you need more.'' he says and runs out before I get to thank him again.

I put that aside and start reading. As I open the book I see written on the first page ''For Finn & Evan Harding. Happy birthday!''. Evan? He has a brother? I directly look upside to the camera surprised, wondering if he's watching me right now.

I put even that aside and just read until I eventually fall asleep.

When I wake up, I feel weird. Besides the fact that I had a weird dream, that I'd prefer to forget, I feel like someone's been here. Has someone come here and watched me sleep?

I find a box near my bed, and I wonder what could be inside. I hesitantly open it to find a note above. It says :

''Dear Casey, our date is all planned out. The only thing you need to do is to put this on and prepare. We leave at 7.30 pm. I expect nothing but obedience from you during the date.
Until then love!
Finn''

I put the note aside and take the dress out. It's a knee-length slim green off-shoulder velvet dress.

In the box I have also found a black pair of heels to wear with the dress

In the box I have also found a black pair of heels to wear with the dress. I eat my breakfast and read some more, until it's 7pm when I put down the book and I am about to prepare.

''To whoever is watching me right now. It would be pretty rude if you looked while I was getting dressed. So try to not be a disrespectful human being.''

With that I start getting dressed from a specific angle for precaution. Once the dress is on me I take my hair from my ponytail and put the heels on. While waiting for Finn to come I decide to fold my clothes and put them away on the bed.

Right when I finish, Finn appears and I stand up almost in the same time he enters. He comes to a halt and looks down at me. Is he.. Is he checking me out?

''I ..uh are you ready?'' he asks me.

''I guess.''

He gets closer and unlocks the door from my cell. Once open I attempt to get out, instead he pushes me back and against the wall. His arms keeping me trapped between him and the wall, his face too close for my liking.

''I am not giving you more than a strike. You try once to run, you will regret it, and this kindness I have given you will disappear. Understood?'' he tells me with a cold face.'' I know this is risky, I know they will try to rescue you, but let me get something straight, I am always three steps ahead love. Don't underestimate me.''

I nod in understanding.

''Words love.'' he says and raises my chin.

''I understand.''

''Good. Now, you look very beautiful tonight.'' he says and gives me his arm to take. I take it with a deep breath and an even bigger hope this day won't end with someone dead.

They cover my eyes when we get out until I am in the car when I can take it off.

The way there is silent, neither of us speak a word, instead I keep on feeling his eyes on me. After around ten minutes or so we come to a halt. The man that drove us opens Finn's door then Finn gives me his hand to take to get out.

That's when I  didn't just felt it, I knew eyes were on me. Dozens or perhaps more than dozens of people only on this street watching me and the surroundings with precaution. Is what Finn said true? Are they going to try and come after me tonight?

''I didn't lie love.'' he tells me when he sees me looking around.

''I can see that, but do you really need so many people?'' I ask

''Of course, in case someone is trying to ruin our night.'' he says and gives me a peck on the cheek.

We head to the restaurant which has ''Giuseppe'' written big at the entrance and a man opens our door. I politely thank him, which made Finn laugh again.

''What?''

''The man only opened the door for you and you thanked him. ''

''What's wrong with that? It's his job, he deserves to be thanked for doing his job. It's called respect.''

''Right.'' he says and chuckles. We arrive inside and a woman greets us. ''I have a table on the name Harding.''

''Let me check.'' she says as she's going through her list. ''Oh yes. After me please.'' she says and takes two menus with her. ''This is your table.'' she shows us and when I attempt to sit Finn stops me and pulls my chair. I look weirdly at him and he just shrugs. I sit down, which he does too.

''Would you like something to drink?'' the waitress asks.

''Your finest red wine. You like red wine, right?''

''Sure.'' I take the menu and open it. Looking through it my eyes fall at the prices of these meals. ''You sure you don't want to go to a Burger King?'' I suggest.

He chuckles. ''Don't worry I am paying.'' he says.

''I am fully aware that you are going to pay, I don't have any money with me, and I am pretty sure that even if I had, it would only cover a bottle of water in this place.''

And to this he really laughs. ''As I said, don't worry love. I got it covered.'' he says and puts his attention on his menu and I try to do the same.

''Ok, but seriously, what do you do? Kidnapp people for a living?'' I say not able to concentrate on the menu. And he gives me a stern look. ''Sorry, I will just browse now.'' I say and flip through the menu.

''No need. Our order will be done soon.'' he tells me

''But we haven't even ordered.'' I say

''I placed the order beforehand, for romantic gestures of course. How do you find Bolognese spaghetti?''

''Good, I guess.''

''I thought maybe we could react that scene from Lady and the Tramp when we share one piece with the ends in our mouths. That would really piss off Joshua.'' he says, a smirk playing on his lips.

''You really put a lot of thought on this.'' I say

''I would be a fool if I hadn't.'' he says and locks eyes with mine.

This is my window opportunity.

'' Can I ask you something?''

''Go ahead.'' he says

''Will you let me go after your revenge will be taken care of?'' I ask.

His eyes leave my face, and tries to avoid looking at me. I shouldn't have asked that. Damn it Case.

''I am sorry I asked. I know you didn't want this to be like an interrogation, yet here I am asking. I am really sorry. I will shut up now.'' I apologize.

He chuckles. ''You? You will shut up? I find that very hard to believe.'' he says between his laughs.

I say nothing.

''Really?'' he asks

I still say nothing.

''Wow a miracle.'' he says and I still say nothing, no word. ''Okay okay, you can talk.''

''Are you sure?'' I ask

''Yes, it's worse when you shut up, it scares me.''

''Wait, you mean I can scare you? If I knew that, I would have escaped much earlier.'' I joke ''Sorry, joking.''

''It's fine. At some point I guess I will have to get used to your weird sense of humor.''

''Weird? What's weird about it?'' I ask.

''Are you sure you want me to answer that?'' he says

''Whatever.''

''Here are your drinks.'' the waitress comes and serves us two glasses of red wine.

''Thank you.'' I say and Finn chuckles again, but I choose to ignore it again.

''Let's toast… for our date.''

''I guess.

''Cheers'' we both say and hit out glasses together.

I take a sip from my drink, and I am left speechless. Never in my life has a wine been so good. I couldn't help it than taking another sip, a much much bigger sip.

''Wow chill. I didn't keep you that thirsty in the cell.''

''Oh it's not that, it's the wine actually. I have never had a wine that was this good.'' I say and take another sip. Ok stop Casey, you could get drunk.

''And you said we should leave.'' he accuses me

''Well we could have taken the wine and left, I mean it's still expensive, but it is more expensive when you also pay dinner another five hundred dollars. ''

''Could just accept it that we are staying?''

''Whatever.''

''If it makes you happy, you can choose the desert.'' he tells me

''Woah there buddy, let's see if I can finish my plate first. And then consider if there's place, because if the plates are as big as they price then they must be big.'' I say and take a sip of my wine.

''Ok, enough. We came on a date, not as a critic here. Let's.. Let's act like it.'' he suggests

''If that's what you want. But you know what happens on a date. People open up and get to know each other, and that may not be possible if we can't ask questions.''

''Oh fine. You can ask, but nothing related to Joshua or our past. Deal?''

''Deal. How about you start?''

''I am Finn Marcus Harding and I am 19 years old. I come from London, I have a twin brother. And uh my parents are separated. Your turn.''

''Well, Finn Marcus Harding.'' I say accentuating hid middle name. ''I am Casey Jensen, I am 18  and I have a older sister. Though you might already know all that.''

''I actually do, but it's more fun this way.'' he chuckles and I laugh along side him.

''Do you mind if I go to the ladies room? '' I ask and his face changes '' I am not running. I just drank a lot of wine. You have my word, if that means anything to you.''

''Don't make me regret it.'' he says and takes a sip of his drink.

''Thank you.'' and he lightly chuckles.

I head to the bathroom and right when I am about to get in, a hand covered my mouth and dragged me in the men's room. I swing my leg and hit the person with the heel in their leg and then between their legs.

They loose the grasp of me, and I take it to run. I return into the table area and I am surprised to see Finn is gone.

I run directly outside, where I see Finn talking to someone who has their back turned.

''Finn. I need your help.''  I say and the person turns around. ''Joshua?'' I say shocked, but then a gun is shot and hits my leg, making me fall to the ground.

''AHH''

Finn's army automatically start their fire towards Richard as Finn jumped to help me. He took his jacket off and put it on me, and then raised me bride style and got me in a car.

All I knew from there, is that gun shots were fired and the entire town center panicked.

Soon, Finn also came in the car. ''Is there something else about you that I should know?'' he asks me all tired and sweaty.

''I uh. There's a rapist on the loose who raped me a few years ago and since then he stalks me hoping to kill me.'' I say in one breath.

''I certainly didn't thought he would strike if you had so many men around. He usually thinks ahead.'' I tell him

''I uh I am sorry to hear that.'' he tells me.

''Yeah.'' I breathe out and then the unimaginable happened. Finn hugged me. ''Finn'' I say with my voice lower.

''Yes'' he answers

''Not to kill the romantic mood. But I have a bullet in my leg and it hurts like hell.''

''Shoot. I forgot. Sorry. Michael, to the hospital please.'' he says to the man driving.

''Michael?''

''Yes.'' Finn answers. ''His name is Michael.'' 

He gives me a steady look through the rear mirror, and I know. We're not getting to a hospital.

''Are you okay?''  Finn asks me.

What should I do? On one side he kidnapped me, yet I kind of learned to trust him. I don't know what happened between him and Joshua, but he really doesn't seem that  bad.

This decision depends on the truth.

''Tell me.'' I say

''Tell you what?''

''I did my part of the deal. Now do yours. What happened between you and Joshua?'' I ask him, and my question sets him off guard.

''It's complicated. ''

''Not as complicated as the situation you're putting me in right now.''

''I ..He's my half brother.'' he tells me.

''Stop the car Michael.''

''Miss, I don't think you want to do that, your leg is bleeding.''

''Michael, I said stop the freaking car.''

''Case.''

''Michael, you know me. Trust me.''

''Wait what?'' Finn asks.

''Stop the car, Michael.'' he finally obeys.

''You know he is going to be pissed because of this, right?'' tells me

''I don't care. The world doesn't evolve around Joshua freaking Johnson.'' I take a deep breath. '' Finn, tell me.''

''You think I am going to leave you with a gun shot in your leg while I tell you a story about my past? You're crazy. You need a doctor, possibly a surgery. Michael, the hospital!''

''No! You don't get it. I don't listen to only one side of the story, I listen to both. And if I don't listen to them, I can't make a decision. If we go now, at the end of the road you will be caught and I will never get to hear your side. Somehow I freaking trust you, so prove me I am right. '' I tell him while our eyes are locked.

''Fine. One condition, we go to the hospital first.'' he says and with that he jumps in the passenger's seat. ''Drive.'' he tells Michael.

'You don't understand.'' I tell him

''Actually, I do. And if I am correct, you will too.''