Chapter thirty-two:Make me breathe

a/n: Before you start this chapter, i would recommend you to listen to the song i put here during the fight. 

Air. It was a chilly afternoon for a day close to summer. The clouds were getting darker and you could hear a thunder from a few meters away, basically all the signs of a storm. My first day out of the hospital and a storm is coming, great.

My parents were both on each side of me, ready to get me home. Once we arrived at the car, my mom helped me get inside safely and my dad started the engine. The way home was silent, no one spoke a word nor made a noise. The rain already started and you could see the drops falling on the window I was staring at.

By the time we arrived home, I am surprised to see that blonde guy I met when I woke up in the hospital. He was sitting on Tom's porch and smoking a cigarette. Are he and Tom friends? Though I would never think that Tom would ever befriend a guy who smokes.

Speaking of Tom. Where is he? Shouldn't he be out with his friend? Now that I think about it, Tom doesn't know I was discharged, maybe I could surprise him. When my dad stopped the engine, I told them I will be right inside after them.

As I make my steps towards Tom's house, I see the smoking guy eyeing me as if he wasn't sure if I was coming towards him.

Almost by the porch I see a guy getting out of Tom's house. I know I lost my memories but my gut was telling me he is bad news. He was six feet tall with an obvious athletic body with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was wearing jeans and a white shirt that fit his body at perfection.

He sees me stare at him and all he does is smirk at me, and that's when my head starts to hurt like a bitch. The pain felt like someone just stabbed me in the head and I start being dizzy. As if it was a reflex I take a step back, and then another one , and another one.

My pain was uncontrollable that I had to put my hands over it. Memories came crushing into each other like the waves of a sea. The dream I thought I had when I woke up, it was not a dream, it was a memory. I knew this guy standing in front of me. This was the guy that killed Lou, he killed my cousin and tortured me. I would have been dead if Tom wouldn't have come to my rescue.

Tom. H-he left me. He moved away. He never talked to me again, and now he was back. But that wasn't even the most painful memory. His touch, this guy's touch on my body was felt all over me again, my skin full of goosebumps and that's when I remember him.

Joshua.

He moved in Tom's house. I was pissed, but I didn't know why, Tom hasn't talked to me in years so why did I try so hard to protect his house when he didn't deserve it?

Every memory coming back, Lou's memorial, Tom leaving and their arrival. All of them and all those in between. It was too much to handle. I had to get away from him, I had to get away from him before anybody gets hurt again.

But I couldn't run, I was barely taking steps back to distance myself from him. But there was one thing I couldn't comprehend from all these memories.

How did Joshua knew him? And why is he here? He was crushed when he found out what happened to me, why would he welcome him into his house?

That's when I couldn't move anymore, anger was building inside of me and my tears were about to stop. Joshua looks at me as if he saw a ghost, he even threw his cigarette away, I didn't even know he was smoking.

As if there wasn't enough that I found Ryan betraying me, it also had to be Joshua? I mean, I should have expected it, he walked into my life when I finally got to feel a bit normal and now everything's upside down. I didn't even know much about him and I trusted him with my big secret. What's worst is that he even pretended to care about me.

''TRAITOR'' I yell to him, five steps away. But that shouldn't be enough after what he did. He should feel it in his face, so I make my way to him, inches apart. The attraction I once felt from standing so close to him disappeared, all I felt was anger and hurt from someone I never expected. But I guess that's what they mean when they say ''Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.'' .

''TRAI-TOR!!'' I scream in his face and slap him as hard as I can. His face coming back to me, hurt written everywhere on his face, as well with confusion.

Oh you don't know what's wrong? Let me make it clear to me.

''Come on princess. Calm down.'' guilty guy says. Richard. And he grabs my arm.

I retract my arm from him and give him a death glare.

''You have been hiding the person who did this all along and you pretend to be my friend? Why? For him? What did YOU get in return?'' I ask him and at those words he is no longer the chill guy I once knew. He becomes an entire other person.

He turns to Richard, but there's no surprise that he is gone. Again.

I don't care what he wants to do, and I don't care what he wants to say.

''SCREW YOU" I say and make my way home but he grabs my arm.

''Wait. I- I didn't know. I swear.'' I wasn't watching him, I couldn't care less what he was doing but I could hear his voice getting thinner. Something in me said ''Stay and hear him out.'' but my anger won the fight in me.

I take my arm back and I continue my way to the house, not forgetting that tomorrow is the first part of the competition. A competition we were supposed to be in together. But there's no together anymore. It's just me, only me, again.