Chapter thirty-four: Make me sing - Part Two

*Casey's POV*

Run. My instinct told me to run. Besides of the overemotional show I just gave to the audience and myself, seeing him there watching me in such vulnerable state was too much. As if he didn't do enough already he had the nerve to show up and enjoy seeing me suffer in public, and stay there in the doorway with his arms crossed smirking all the way.

My eyes traveling back and forth between him and Joshua, brought all the pain right back feeling like someone just stabbed me in the heart. It hurt. It hurt too much.

Running backstage and then out of the school, was a good idea, I didn't need anyone else to see me like this.

Running. Running was my new thing when it came to problems and drama. I wouldn't let them run after me, instead I would run after them just like Joshua said. Running helps you run after what scares you. And this situation scared the hell out of me. His words echoing in my mind, the words he said when we were friends, or I thought we were friends. None of this was real. None of this was true, and I am done trying to move on, when life doesn't want to move on.

As much as I tried, it was all useless. I tried not to think of it that much, I tried to minimize the amount of nightmares, and what did I get in return? I got new people in my life who disappointed me, people from the past coming back to hunt me, and my one problem back to destroy me.

''CASEY'' I hear Becca's voice calling me. I stop in my traces and turn my head back to her when a strong and fast surface gets thrown in my right side making my entire body collapse onto the road I stopped running.

My head throbbing, hearing Becca screaming my name. Next thing I know, I am back in the ambulance. Might this be a sign? That I am doomed to end up in a ambulance every time something bad happens?

I could hear the paramedics talking, but it felt as if they were more far from me, as I stared into a completely void of emptiness.

*Joshua's POV*

Two words. Two words that I am starting to hate. Two words that can make me go mad. And two words I am hearing too often these days.

Everything gets blurred as I make my way to the car in a rush, with the guys behind me, ready to pass the red lights again.

Rushing one more time to the hospital to see Casey laying in that bed again. A place where only bad things happen. A place where people die. Past memories coming back in my mind, making me more pissed causing me to tighten the hold of the steering wheel in my hands.

Once arrived in front of the hospital I turn the engine off and rush outside of the car and inside the hospital.

The déjà vu feeling through my veins makes my blood boil at the thought of another bad incident happened to Casey. I rush past the information center and look for the room where Casey is supposedly in. Spotting Becca's hair I already knew she must be in there.

Entering the room, Casey is not connected to so many machines as she was the last time. One side of me worried that maybe she's gone, but the other one kind of relieved, meaning whatever happened it wasn't very serious.

''How's she?'' I ask Becca in a low voice.

''She's okay. She is going to recover. '' she tells me not leaving Casey's sight.

''What happened?'' I ask and this time she turns to face me, not a very happy one. Her arms crossed and a quite angry face, she analyzes me before answering.

''I might as well ask you the same thing. What happened Joshua?. WHAT HAPPENED THAT BROUGHT HER IN THIS STATE AGAIN? '' she asks worriedly pointing a finger to the bed where Casey is laying in.