Chapter thirty-nine: Make me say no

*Casey's POV*

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't afraid to put a step inside of the school. This is mostly where the bad things take place lately. And I was afraid of what today would bring, but I don't even have to touch the steps for that because the principal was right beside me and I knew what he wanted from the moment I saw him.

''Ms. Jensen, good to see you again. I hope you're feeling better, since you haven't attended any classes in the past week.''

''Thank you sir. I am feeling much better. '' I tell him and take a little break letting him yell at me for what I did at the music competition. He has the right to do it, I disappointed him and the school, I deserve to be yelled at, and yet we both stay there in front of the school and stare at the building.

''Sir.'' I catch his attention again. ''I want to apologize for what happened at the music competition.''

''You don't need to Ms. Jensen. I knew what I was getting myself into when I chose you and Mr. Johnson for the competition. I wouldn't have expected more than perfection, something you delivered with a little bit of acting. I appreciate what you do for the school, now I believe you got somewhere to be.'' he says and leaves me standing in front of the school all alone.

Acting. He thinks my tears and my song were just acting. Oh principal, if only you knew you had a criminal in your school and his little spy is taking classes with no one doubting him.

I roll my eyes and finally get the courage to get in the school, where I would normally hate all the buzzing and the rumors going around, but this was way worse, everyone was chatting about prom.

Prom.

With everything that has been going on, I forgot the prom was only weeks away.

Was I planning on going? No.

Did I have a date? No.

Did I have a dress? No.

And yet the moment Becca saw me, she has been chatting only about the dresses we're going to wear.

''B.'' I distract her

''Yeah.''

''What makes you think I am going to the prom?''

''Wh-what? Don't tell me you forgot about it. We planned this since 7th grade. '' she looks at me in disappointment.

''Right, but I don't have a date B. And everyone will look weird at me if they see you with Cody and me tagging along. '' I tell her

''Oh please, I think we both know, Joshua will invite you faster than Cody will invite me.'' she scoffs.

Joshua? Why would Joshua invite me?

You know why, you idiot.

Ok so maybe we had a few kisses and make out sessions, that doesn't mean we're anything, right? Plus, I don't even know if I am ready.

''Hello. Earth to Casey.'' Becca practically yells in my face and throws her hands in my face.

''Sorry. You were saying?''

''Stop doing that. This is important, you can't space out every time you want to think about Joshua.''

''What about me?'' he says from behind me. Why does it feel like it's a déjà vu all over again?

I, of course remained silent, as always but we all know you can't stop Becca from talking.

''We were wondering if you are going to prom.'' Becca tells him, and I want to mentally face palm myself.