Chapter fourteen: Make me not kiss him

I quickly stood up and told Joshua to start cleaning up. I on the other hand, went and distracted my parents.

''Hey guys. Home so fast?''

''Yeah. Your mother here, is getting tired and heard that Claire is back. So, she couldn't wait to see her. '' he says and looks at my mother. God, they make such a sweet couple.

''Yeah, she's back. She's sleeping though. So, you might want to wait until the morning. '' I say

''Well, that's a shame. I thought that maybe you two are staying up and catching up.'' she says and leaves.

She goes faster than I thought. My dad saw that I was worried, and so we followed fast behind her.

''Ohh.'' she says when she sees Joshua

''Hello, Mrs. Jensen.'' he says and waves a hand

''Well hello to you, too. I didn't know you spend the day here.'' she says

''We all stayed and talked. The others had to leave, and I thought I might give a hand to Casey at cleaning. Hope you don't mind.'' he says, god he really is a good actor.

''Of course not. Thank you for helping her.'' my mom says and gives an honest smile. My dad on the other hand, looks at me and smirks.

After 2 minutes of staying like that, Joshua spoke again.

''Yeah. Well it's getting late. I should go make sure my sister is okay.''

''Oh, you have a sister?'' my mom asks

''Yeah.''

''Well, thank you for helping Case again, and for that, why don't you and your family join us at dinner sometime this week? '' she says while driving him to the door, Joshua turning his head to smirk at me. But as soon as he hears what my mom said, his act drops a little.

''No mom. You don't need to. '' I say and glance at her

I don't know if he wants people to know he lives alone. So, I decide to stay silent.

''Don't be silly, it's at least we can do.'' she says and turns again to Joshua, who by now glares at me with a confused look. Oh god, he didn't tell me anything about his parents, Zick did. If Joshua finds out what Zick told me, he could kill him.

Wanting to be subtle, I stay silent and agree to whatever she says. Anything I say right now, can be used against me, later by Joshua.

''I'll talk to them. Thanks for your invitation. '' he says ''It was good to see you again Mrs. and Ms. Jensen.'' he says. He tries to leave already.

''It was good to see you again. I never saw my daughter spend so much time with someone so thank you.'' my mom said trying to avoid saying, 'in the last 3 years'.

''Any time.'' Joshua says and waves

''Ok then. Elizabeth why don't we go to sleep. We had a long night. Let the kids say their goodbye.'' my dad says

''Of course. Good night.'' she says and turns around to leave, taking my father's hand.

''Night kids.'' my dad says on his way to the stairs.

''So...'' I say

''Why did you do that?'' he asks

''Did what?'' I ask

'' The dinner. ''

''Oh. Well I thought you may be uncomfortable. '' I say, and his frown is now turned into a smirk