Chapter thirty-three: Make me sing

a/n: The song set here is the song Casey sings. Press play during her performance to feel all the emotions through the air.

His voice was constant in the air. I haven't closed an eye the entire nigh and neither did he. Phone rang all night, he even came into my house, my parents having no clue of what I just found out.

Here I am, crawled into my bed with my legs to my chest, regretting the choices I made for the tenth time. I trusted Joshua, I thought he was my friend and maybe even more, and he ended up betraying me in the worst way possible.

If I really didn't meant anything to him, if he was Richard's puppet, why would he spend so much time trying to explain it to me? There is nothing to explain, he was protecting Richard all along.

So you may wonder why he is on my balcony at this stupid hour. It's 4 am and he still hasn't given up, can't he just take a hint? I don't want to talk to him, I don't want to see him and I sure as hell don't want to listen what he has to say.

There are a few hours left until the music competition starts. Last night when I got into my house I got a text from our music teacher with the songs we had to sing at the competition, and one thing is sure about that, I am not gonna sing that silly song he chose.

How could I possibly sing a upbeat song in a mood like this, I don't know. I contemplate a lot on not going to the competition but that would disqualify us from all other competitions and I was not ready to let the school down or ruin my chances of getting into a good college.

I don't know how I feel right now, everything is still blurred but I was damn pissed that he wouldn't just go away. I locked my balcony door so he couldn't get inside and I was doing all my best not to look in that direction.

This is not a movie, but if anybody would watch us they would think it was. My back is laying on the wall, and I am pretty sure Joshua is also laying on it by the outside. Raining like crazy.

I have always wished my life would be part of a movie because in movies the ending is usually a happy one, but I am starting to think my life will never be anything near happy.

Becca and Tom called constantly asking how I was because my mom told them I was discharged. They insisted on visiting me, but I refused. I don't want to tell them what I just found out, Becca would just not believe me and Tom , Tom was right all along. I didn't know Joshua, and yet I trusted him enough to tell him my life story and let him sleep into my house.

He would tell me ''I told you so.'' and I don't want to hear that right now. I don't need to hear all the bad decisions I made, I can acknowledge them myself.

Tired of feeling bad about myself, I decide to stand up and go shower, I need to get ready for today's competition. Even if I am not in the mood for it, I won't let others see me suffering, so I will do what any other teenage girl would do, cover it with make up.

Prepared for the competition I head myself downstairs and grab something to eat , even though my appetite is anywhere but here. My voice needs to be strong.

And at last I head to the bus station.