chapter 11

I packed up the gear from the post game conferences in their assigned bags and cases. The team was walking around the locker room, getting into their post game outfits and tossing their gear to the side for later. Eddie walked up to me and I gave him a grin.

"Hey, great interview," he shook his head and helped me with a few bags.

"Yeah. You get used to them after a while." While I stored the gear where it is required to be, Eddie picked up his phone. A few texts got his attention. "Hey, so there's going to be a small game night tomorrow. You want to join?" I looked at him nodding and saw he was giving me a soft smile.

"Sure. What about-"

"Maria?" He got this distant stare for a second before grinning ear to ear. "Yeah, I already asked her." I raised my eyebrow at him and he lightly shoved my shoulder. "It's been a few weeks and we're doing good."

"Good. Eddie, she's awesome. I'm glad you two are falling on the same path." He gave me a nod and wrapped me up under his arm.

"I thank you for bringing her into my life." I rolled my eyes as we both made our way out of the arena.

▶△◀

Game night is at the guys' condo. Maria and I made our way up the elevator with Eddie. He had to come down to let us in. This condominium has key card access only to get into the building. The guys need to be cautious of where they live because of crazy fans. Maria and Eddie chatted away as we made our way into their space. It looks like everyone is here.

Frederick and Molly are sitting together, each with a beer in their hands. Baylor is not here tonight. Cole and Nora are chatting away with Molly and Frederick with what I can only assume is a chat about wedding planning. Nora wanted a spring wedding but, with the team schedule, they decided on a summer wedding to be absolutely sure Cole can up and leave for one to two weeks.

Caroline was getting beers from the fridge for Maria and I, and Eddie made his way over to the couch where Griffin and Felix are. Julianne walked up to Caroline, Maria and I with a smile. "Hi ladies!" It seems Julianne is already looking a bit tipsy. Brooklyn made her way over to us rolling her eyes playfully at Julianne.

"Hey, Jules," I walked into her open arms with a small laugh. I looked around to see the guys in serious looking conversation. They would all steal glances our way every now and then. Griffin waved his hands in gesture and peeked over. We caught eyes for a split of a second and he turned a light shade of pink under his tan before looking away. I caught Felix staring at me and I then blushed and looked away. I was caught red handed.

Caroline is gorgeous with her golden hair and shining honey eyes. I've been told she is a YouTube beauty vlogger. She has over three million subscribers apparently. "Hey!" Eddie called out waving us over. "Let's get started on this card game you are all so excited about." Brooklyn's face emitted a powerful grin and she skipped over to Mattey. He chuckled and let her relax into his lap.

Nora and Molly let out a laugh as she skipped, but I could see just how much Mattey glowed watching her walk over to him. Some of the other guys on the team prefer to be single instead of trying to tackle a relationship. In fact I know two who continuously ask me for advice on how to get a girl into bed but not wanting anything more. I told them it wasn't my expertise. Both Kyle and Marcus are good guys, but definitely not getting the value of life like the guys here. They make it work so wonderfully.

I took a sip of my beer and watched as Brooklyn and Nora set up the game, explaining it to all of us. Caroline would text away while Griffin talked more to Eddie and Felix than her. It was strange seeing them together for some reason. I believe they have been together for a few months, but watching them here side by side-- they didn't look like a couple.

My turn was next so I read the card aloud and looked to Eddie who was grinning. "Pick my card, Zo. It's the best." I rolled my eyes at that and heard Maria let out a soft laugh. She is to my right while Eddie is on her right. Griffin is directly in front of me. Julianne is in between me and Felix. Everyone else scattered in between. In the end, I picked Griffin's card. Eddie flipped him off while I handed Griffin the card he won. He smiled softly at me as I handed it away and soon Julianne's turn came.

I'm not sure what this is with Griffin, but I need to store it away. He has a fricken girlfriend anyway.