chapter 6

Today is team photoshoot day. Not only do they have a few team pictures to do, but also they have individual pictures to take for media purposes, some small group photos to take, photos in different uniforms, different jackets and sweatshirts, and more if possible. Henry told me they normally used to do media days over the course of a few weeks, to space it out and make sure the team gets the best outcome. However, Henry said that we could do it in one day. I think that's a bit crazy, but I'm not here to tell him how to run his team. I'm just the photographer.

I walked into the locker room to see it a crazy mess with different uniforms and more. First shoot today is going to be of the guys in their home game gear. We will do pictures of the whole team, then individual, maybe a few others then switch to another jersey, then the alternate jersey. Coach saw me and smiled. I had my iced espresso in one hand and my notebook of ideas in the other. It's just around 8 A.M. and the team is all in their gear ready to go.

"Okay, your point person for the day is Zoey! Make sure you listen to her or you are on the bench for game one." Some of the guys' eyebrows rose and I let out a chuckle at coaches words.

"I don't think it's that bad," Henry called out walking into the locker room. "But please do listen to Zoey. We are doing all these pictures in one day. Sorry for the million costume changes." I took a sip of my coffee and looked around.

Outside the locker room, there is a black backdrop, and the ice is set with the team colors to shine on the ice. I set my coffee on a nearby table and smile at the team. "Okay, to the ice we go for a team pic!" I clapped my hands and went to my area to grab my cameras for the shoots. I grabbed a few different lenses too. When I got on the ice the team had already arranged themselves in a team picture set up. I smiled when I got out seeing them all ready to go. "Looks great guys. Okay, so after this team picture I am going to quickly take a few burst photos on that black backdrop as you head in to change into the away jerseys." A few guys nodded as I spoke that and I was quick to get going on the photoshoots. I was able to get some great team photos. They guys all seem super photogenic and happy to be here doing this today.

It was a nice set up I had going with the guys as they walked in heading to change their jerseys. I got them to do a couple stances and poses as they came along. Everytime Griffin came to me he seemed awkward. Frederick at one point told him to get loose and be happy to be here. I looked at Frederick and saw he has this curious gaze about him when Griffin and I interacted.

Eddie walked up to me when we got a lunch break and gave me a grin setting his sandwiches down on the table. He slid into the seat beside me and soon a few others joined. "Hey, Zoey. Mind if we sit and join you for lunch?" I shook my head indicating it is fine and found that Frederick took the seat on the other side of me.

"Zoey, I heard you met my beautiful wife Molly the other day." I nodded and gave him a smile, wiping my fingers on my napkin.

"I did. She is lovely- for the two minutes I met her. And your son is very handsome." He gave me a grin and his eyes glazed over what I can only assume is love for his son Baylor.

"Baylor is great. He's turning three soon. He can tear apart his toy room, but my gosh seeing him at games, behind that glass waving to me is great. My whole heart is with them." I gave him a grin at how infatuated he is and Eddie let out a scoff.

"Yeah, just gloat." Frederick rolled his eyes and threw a chip at him

"Eddie, just find a girl already. Get over it." I let out a laugh as well as a few other members. "Yo, Hodgkins" I looked to Frederick and then to Griffin watching as Frederick waved him over. Something about the way Frederick called him over ticked something in me. I'm not sure what it is, but I would really like to know.