15 | Peculiar 3

___●●●_______________________________

Y/N POV

6 months.

It's been six months since Sweet Pea met me at the Pop's after school and ever since then we've been hanging out with each other at every chance we got.

I can't lie but there's something about him that makes me want our new found friendship to grow into something more, and I have a feeling he does.

He thinks I don't notice but I do, the way his cheeks turn red when I hug him or laugh at his joke. The way he would watch me while I write, I notice the tiny differences in the way he behaves around me and I can't help but hope.

Here I am at lunch sitting with Fangs and Toni, waiting for Sweet Pea to join us.

"So what's the deal between you and Sweet Pea?" asked Toni looking at me expectantly.

"I don't know what you mean," I simply said as I looked around for Sweet Pea knowing well that if he was here they wouldnt be interrogating me.

All of a sudden Fangs pulled my head to face his and Toni's.

"Unh unh, your telling us. There is no getting out of this now missy," said Fangs.

I groaned and slammed my head against the table.

After a good minute or two I looked up to see Fangs and Toni both still looking at me expectantly.

"FINE! I like him okay?! He is funny and cute and very tall and just ughhhhh!!!" I said loud for them to hear, but not loud enough for the whole cafeteria. "He's very different from what I expexted, okay!!?" I continued looking at them with an annoying expression.

So I waited for them to say something, but they didn't. They just smiled at eachother then looked above my head.

"See I told you she liked you," smirked Toni.

My eyes immediately widened.

Please tell me it's not him behind me, please tell me it's not him behind me, I prayed in my head.

But of course, it didn't work because two warm, arms wrapped around my shoulder. Very soon a warm breath fanned against my ear.

"Well since you like me and I like you I dont see the harm in meeting at Pop's later," whispered Sweet Pea.

I turned around so I was face to face with him. He stood up straight and I had to tilt my head up to look at his face while sitting.

"Sure, I don't see no harm," I said as I smiled and stood up.

His hands found it's way around my hips, "Then I guess my soon to be girlfriend should know my name," he said slowly.

Tip toeing I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned towards his lips stopping a few inches away. That I could feel his breath against mine.

"Nah, I like Sweet Pea," I whuspered before slamming my lips against his.

We were deep into our kiss when there was a sudden bang. We pulled away and looked around, where we found my dad standing with a book in his hand that he had slammrd on a table.

"Sweet Pea, I suggest you keep your hands off my daughter on school grounds if you want to graduate with her," he said loudly, that the whole cafeteria was watching this scene.

Great, now everybody knows I'm the principal's daughter, I thought to myself

My dad turned to leave but not before giving me a small wink.

Shit! He's been planning this the whole time, I realised.

___●●●_______________________________