Ch.35 || The Truth Can Be Unbearable

It was a heartbreaking day for all of us. The day of Yoongi's funeral. Ever since Yoongi was pronounced dead last month, I stayed home and kept away from all of my friends. I couldn't stand to be around them, they only brought back the memories of me and Yoongi together. I didn't even want to come to Yoongi's funeral because then I would have to truly admit that he no lived in my world and in my life. Yet, my uncle was able to convince me to go after saying how disrespectful my absence would be. I also thought about how Yoongi would feel. I loved him and I still do, the least I could do was go to his funeral.

So here I stand, huddled close to Namjoon and Leah as we all cry. I can't deny that I missed everyone, but it still hurt. Not as bad as being in front of Yoongi's coffin though. It was closed, which was odd since I'm pretty sure they're usually open before being buried. Then again, my parent's coffins were closed during their funeral too. My thoughts left me as an older couple and a younger man walked towards me, my uncle, and my friends. The woman's face was flushed a light pink as she cried while looking at the coffin. Both of the men, I'm assuming the older one was her husband, were also crying with a deep frown that reminded me of Yoongi's. It was then that I realized these were Yoongi's parents and his brother. I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't break a little more.

"Mr. and Mrs. Min." My uncle addressed Yoongi's parents kindly with a nod and bow. The rest of us bowed as well.

"It has been a while Mr.Bang, BTS. Who is this young lady?" Mrs. Min said after wiping her tears. I was surprised by the small smile she sent me despite losing her son. It took everything in me to smile back but once I saw her gummy smile peek through, it wasn't hard at all. I missed that smile and it looked so much like Yoongi's.

"Oh, that's right you haven't visited since she was hired. This is my niece Y/N. The newest member of BTS." My uncle introduced me to Yoongi's mother. I was taken back by the gummy smile Yoongi's brother gave me. I guess it was genetic, but damn if it didn't make me smile as well. Their gummy smile is absolutely beautiful. I think that was one of my favorite things about Yoongi. His smile. The fact that is was so rare made me appreciate it even more. Although, I'm shocked his family is even able to smile at a time like this. They're very strong.

"Your name is familiar, I think I've heard Yoongi say it before. You two must have been close." I gave Mrs. Min a light nod before I spoke without trying to break down.

"He was very special to me. A dear friend." I couldn't stop my tears from running down my cheeks. Mrs. Min began to cry when she saw my tears and I didn't hesitate to hug her. I was sure I'd be fine with the layers of clothing I wore since the forecast said it would rain today.

I pulled back from the hug and Mrs. Min went to hug her husband, sobbing into his chest. Jin left Leah's side to pat me on the shoulder, forcing out a smile of his own in an attempt to make me feel at least the slightest bit better. Unfortunately, my heart was still broken, and even speaking to Yoongi's family couldn't put it back together.

After out many tears were shed, everyone was able to walk up to the casket and speak to 'Yoongi' personally. I took a seat and waited until no one else had to speak to Yoongi before I went up there.

I stood in front of the casket for a bit in silence. I didn't dare utter a word, hoping that if I didn't say anything then I would just wake up from this nightmare. That I would wake up and find out that I had just passed out on the bench of the park the day I was supposed to confess to Yoongi. It would be only a few minutes before Yoongi would arrive and then I could tell him. He wouldn't be hurt, he would be alive and I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. This is a nightmare but it isn't one you could just wake up from. It was a nightmare that I was living in.