CHPT 4-YEAR 2017

"POM POM" the school bus honked.
"Wait! Coming" said Gautam. GAUTAM combed his hair, took his Science book and rushed towards his school bus.
"Stop GAUTAM!" Said Yukti . "Here , have a glass of milk and take your lunchbox!"

Gautam asked his sister, " Where is mom ,Yukti ?"

"She isn't well.." replied Yukti.
GAUTAM said, " Take care of her!"

GAUTAM gulped down the milk and ran towards his bus and boarded it.
"BYEEEEEE!!!" Said Yukti
GAUTAM also waved back .

Yukti with a smile on her face stood ,near the door of her house , till the bus went away from her view.

"TRINGGGGGGGG........" rang the school bell!
All the students assembled in their class.
Then the students settled themselves . Sat at their respective benches. Then came the principal. She wanted to announce .
"Good Morning students! Tomorrow our school is launching a book named as 'Conscise MBPC' which would really help the students for their board examinations. Students who are interested to buy are kindly requested to give their names . It is not mandatory but it gives you an additional guidance. Anyone interested?"

No student bothered about the book but suddenly someone raised their hand showing some interest to buy that book and that was Gautam. The Principal appreciated GAUTAM for his interest.
Some of the students were jealous with GAUTAM . They hated him to the core.
No student showed interest to purchase that book but were interested in purchasing something very interesting . It was 23rd March,2017 the next day ,which was the official release date of the game - PLAYERS UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUND aka PUBG.
All the youth showed their full interest to purchase this game irrespective of its price.

NEXT DAY

The day has come. There was a big que outside the gaming store waiting for PUBG but only one guy , GAUTAM waiting for the launch of the book at school.

The common thing here is both the Principal and the game seller have to open the crate containing the books and games respectively.

The Principal unboxed the crate and handed over the book to Gautam with a smile on her face....

The game seller also unboxed the crate and started selling his games to the techy gamers, YouTubers who own big gaming channels with million subscribers and the students .

Again a common thing. Smile on the face of GAUTAM and those gamers but for different occasions.

So after a week were the exams .
Other students just carelessly spent their time playing PUBG but Gautam utilised his time very well. Created a timetable . He did play but not like the other players. Played Mathematics, Science ,Knowledge games. Solved all riddles , Sudokus and kept studying the rest of the time .

EXAMS DAY

As usual , GAUTAM woke up at 5:30 in the morning. Revised all the chapters while other students just remembered the God.Even while boarding his bus , he took some story book with him. He was full confident that he would score the highest and it happened the same. He scored the highest in his school .Secured 1st rank. So the Principal , out of happiness,gifted Gautam with a book, a special one. When GAUTAM asked his teacher about the synopsis of the book,she answered that it was about a topper and a failure .
Now the jealousy rates of the other students increased to the heights, it was very high , higher than Mt. Everest.

The other students were eagerly waiting to get back home and to continue with their gaming but Gautam wanted to go back home to show the results to his mom and sister.

It was 2:00 pm but the clouds became black which was the sign of rain. The clouds had covered the Sun and the atmosphere became a kind of dark accompanied with a strong wind.

GAUTAM immediately boarded his bus. Reached home. Went to his mom and showed his results. She appreciated Gautam for his efforts and so did Yukti .Yukti promised that she would make something special for him that day for dinner.
So he planned to read the book after changing his clothes but still carried his book to the washroom. While washing his face the book fell from his hand.The floor was wet.It dampened his book. All the pages got wet. Even the book might take time to dry because the weather was cool. So now he did not have any idea by which he can busy himself.
He saw the newspaper on the table and decided to read the information provided rather than waiting for the book to dry. To his surprise , he only found one information throughout the newspaper and that was PUBG. It was written that PUBG was then available on Mobile phones.

TRING ... TRING.... rang the phone.Gautam checked the caller's name. It was Arjun, GAUTAM's friend.

Arjun said, " Hey G (Gautam) , Congo man!!"
GAUTAM replied , " Congo? ... for what?"

Arjun replied, " 1st rank.....!"
GAUTAM , " Oh. Thanks!"
Arjun Asked , " Now you are a free bird, right!"
GAUTAM : Free bird...? Probably...!

Arjun : We have to not make ourselves that free also ! Cage yourself!

GAUTAM: Cage myself? What do you mean Arjun?

Arjun: Oh! Hahaha! 😝. Cage in the since busy yourself by ........playing something........like .....hmmmm.......
Pu..........b hmmmmmmm. .........g.

GAUTAM: what!

ARJUN : PUBG.Hmmmmm....Play PUBG No .... It's free and interesting......Enjoyable.......Nice .... Great game.....Awesome and .....

GAUTAM: Wait ! You are telling me to play that game ....! No chance .....!

ARJUN : Come on man! Don't be a book worm. Play ...You will really enjoy..I am not telling you to Murder someone..!

GAUTAM: Please.. Do not involve me ... I do not want to waste my time in this knowledge lacking game.

ARJUN: No man .. Nothing like that...It is a strategical game . Involves lot of memory power.I think you don't have much brain power. Fine leave it!

GAUTAM: What! You are saying I lack brain power.!

ARJUN: Yeah! If you don't play then I will not talk to you as well.Lets cut this friendship then.

GAUTAM: What! Brain power? Friendship? Are you blackmailing me.Okay......Fine, I am going to play only for our friendship and nothing else.

ARJUN: THAT's MY BOY!!!!

GAUTAM: How to download this ? How to play!

Arjun explained GAUTAM about the game process, controls, working,plot point and everything related to it. GAUTAM had a good grasping power.Within a few minutes he learnt the basics of the game.

Arjun Asked, " How is the game guy!"
GAUTAM answered, " okay . Average game"

Arjun replied, " fine . Continue playing. I will join you later."

That Game did not remain Average rated for a long time , it became best in the impression of Gautam now !

Gautam was so into that game that he even did not enjoy his dinner. He was interested only in playing that game. After playing for sometime , he kept his phone for charging and then went to read his book but it still didn't dry up. He was shocked that inspite of taking a long time , the book still did not dry.

NEXT DAY
Arjun phoned him and reminded him of the game. So GAUTAM joined the gaming room on Pubg. Met new friends and also his classmates. At that moment , it was 2:00 pm on the clock.

After sometime.........

'TIN TIN...." popped a message on GAUTAM's phone which said , " Low power. Only 10 % ." So Gautam checked the time on his phone. It was 8:30 pm!He was shocked . He played the game for 6 hours 30 minutes which is too long. So he logged out of the game. Kept his phone for charging....

Till a week it was 6hours 30minutes but after that, it went up to 8 hours a day.
Everything changed. It was not the same like before. The book which the principal gifted to GAUTAM was just lying on the table . After the other day GAUTAM never touched that book.

You could find most of his fingerprints on his mobile phone. He was so addicted to it.