𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

TOOSII'S POV

I walked upstairs with Riah's food to give it to her, I walked in the room and seen her sleep. I laughed and shook my head. She must've been hella sleepy. I sat the food down on my nightstand and tucked her in. I moved her phone to my nightstand and put it on the charger. I turned the movie down a little, sat next to her, and ate the food I fixed for her. After I finished eating, I took the plate back to the kitchen, turned off all the lights, and made my way to back to my room. I got in the bed beside Mariah, I pulled her into me and placed my arm around her. I watched her sleep before drifting off to sleep myself. When I finally woke up the next day, it was around 10 am. I looked at Mariah, and she was still sleeping. I stared at her, she looked so peaceful despite what happened last night. She looked like a little baby, she shifted her body towards me more. I stroked her cheek, and kissed her forehead before getting up and walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I finished I walked downstairs and seen my mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Hey ma." I sat down on the stool at the island counter.

She turned around and looked at me, "Hey Jour... who was that girl from last night? That Mariah girl you been on the phone with lately?"

I nodded, "Yeah..." I kinda chuckled, "That's her."

"So what happened to y'all last night? She looked shaken up." She asked as she finished stirring the grits before turning the aisle off.

I heavily breathed out, "Okay so boom, i had waited on her after the game was over with. As we were standing around, just talking, her ex came up to her all mad and shit, was pressing her about why she wasn't texting him back or whatever. She was telling him, you know, leave her alone and that they were done. So he snatched her up by her arm like she was some child or something. And you know me, I don't roll like that ma, so I stepped in. Me and him started arguing, then that led to us fighting. I could hear in the background Mariah yelling my name telling me stop and lets go. I looked at her, she was crying. That was the only reason I stopped fighting him which lead to him sneaking me. When he did that, Dre jumped in. After that all that happened, i took Dre and them home and we came back here..."

"Nau'Jour..." She turned the rest of the food off and turned to look at me. "How long have you known this girl, Huh? And how did you even meet her?"

I already knew where this was going, "Almost a month ma..." I started messing with the table mat in front of me "I met her through Devin.. she's his niece."

She sighed, "It hasn't even been a complete month and you're already getting into fights over her."

I rubbed my head, "It isn't like that ma. It's different with her-"

She cut me off, "It's different with every girl you meet Nau'Jour."

"Ma.. seriously. It's different. I feel some type of a connection with her, I never felt like this before mama... like ever. I didn't even want it to go this far between us, but it's like she came into my life bc for whatever reason I needed her and she needed me and..." Before I could finish my sentence, I heard a lot of movement coming from upstairs which was soon followed by a scream.

I looked at my mom, and she looked at me. We both rain upstairs to my room. Mariah was laying in the bed tossing and turning as if she was having a nightmare, I ran to her side and began shaking her awake.

"Riah! Riah wake up!" I kept saying over and over as I was shaking her, She finally jumped up. I pulled her into me, she buried her head in my chest.

"You're okay mamas. You're ok." I hugged her tight, she was breathing heavy. I rubbed her back. "What were you dreaming about?"

RIAH'S POV