Chapter 33

Date: 1/5/2020

AN: Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________

It was the couple's third day in the hospital. This day, as had become a routine, soon after breakfast, Kongpob found himself pushing Arthit in the wheelchair towards the NICU center. They had to see their daughter after all. Knott and Tew were scheduled to get to the hospital soon, as well. As the couple watched the twins through the window, the emotions flowing through them were indescribable.

After Dr.K's visit outside the operation theatre, Kongpob and friends had been directed to NICU where the younger daughter had been set up. The unit nurses had also set up the elder daughter on the next bed. While the elder daughter was sleeping calmly in a temperature-controlled bassinet, the younger was in a glass chamber attached to a couple of tiny tubes and a small breathing mask. Kongpob and his friends could easily see that the tiny one was taking short fast breaths but she did look comfortable enough. Kongpob didn't know how long he has stood there watching his daughters, but it was only when Knott shook him that he moved. The elder man pushed the new parent towards the canteen where the four men sat down and forced Kongpob to have a bite to eat.

It was nearly an hour later that Arthit had been brought to the room. The Omega was awake and coherent as he held Kongpob's hand and gave a tired smile. The Alpha had pressed soft kisses across Arthit's forehead whispering sweet nothings about love and pride. Wayo had gone through the chart and explained that everything was perfect with Arthit and that he should take painkillers for ache from the surgery. Once Arthit had been settled in the room, Kongpob had assured Tew and Knott that they would be fine and sent them home. It was about a quarter of an hour later that Wayo had gotten a message and seeing his blubbering face Kongpob knew it was Phana. The Alpha had thanked Wayo and pushed him out of the room while asking him to be open and just enjoy.

That night, as Arthit slept peacefully, Kongpob noticed that changes that his mate's body had gone through. Surprisingly, Arthit seemed to have lost almost all the weight that he had gained during pregnancy. He was only slightly chubbier but in no way fat per se. Another prominent change was the Omega's chest. There was prominent bulging around the nipples and Kongpob had noticed slight leaking as well. It was amazing how the body had started producing milk as soon as the babies were born.

The medical personnel had explained earlier that Arthit will have to express some milk so they could try and feed the elder daughter. She had explained that at this point the baby's stomach is tiny and just about two table-spoons of milk would suffice at a given time. She had said that the baby will need to be fed every hour and half and they would be alternating between mother's milk and formula. As for the other baby, they were providing nutrition intravenously.

Now standing next to Arthit watching their daughters, the Alpha couldn't believe the miracle that had just happened in their lives. These two precious little bundles of joy were truly gifts from the Gods themselves. Considering the couple was not even planning for a family at this stage in their life, just being here watching the daughters breathe steadily felt almost surreal. Tew's words kept ringing in his mind as he saw a soft smile on Arthit's face, "This is nature. We don't mess with it, it doesn't work like that. If two people are happy and healthy together then, nature will bless them, especially if you want to be blessed."

Kongpob didn't know how long they had been standing there but he only looked up when he felt someone grip his shoulder. Tew was standing there beside him, looking at the babies as well.

A few minutes later Knott came in, "Hey, how are the angels doing?" Kongpob waiied as Arthit just smiled and gestured towards the babies.

"Umm, Phii, they are okay. The doctor we met yesterday told us that it was not very uncommon for one of the twins to have trouble breathing. He told us that everything else was okay with our younger daughter and that she should get accustomed to breathing on her own as her lungs grow stronger. And the elder one, well she's doing just fine. If things are as smooth, she could be transferred to the normal room with P'Arthit even today."

Tew nodded as P'Knott patted Arthit's back, "That's good Ai'Arthit. You did such a wonderful job, huh friend!?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

AN: Stay tuned for more!