Chapter 13

Date: 1/2/2020

AN: An Update!

_________________________________________________________________

Kongpob was sitting hunched over in the most uncomfortable chair one could have possibly ever seen, rubbing his sweaty hands and tapping his foot while waiting outside the examination room where the nurses had rushed his Phii. He was sweating all over, more because of the fear and pain that was clenching his heart. All he could think about was why he had not taken Arthit to the hospital in the first place when he had known in the morning itself. All he was thinking was that it was all his fault of not checking in at all during the day. He knew his Phii was feeling down and yet he had gotten so caught up with the damn meeting and work in general that he just...

When Kongpob had barged into their house, he found a pale Arthit sprawled half on the bed, half on the floor, almost passed out. Arthit was still in his sleepwear that were now stinking and crumbled. When Kongpob touched his forehead, Arthit was burning up and his skin felt clammy. Arthit did blurrily opened his eyes for a tiniest of second and slurred as he acknowledged Kongpob, which was a good sign. Kongpob had not wasted another second before carrying his mate, bridal style, to the car and driving at full speed to the hospital. After the nurses had taken his Phii, he had with shaky hands messaged both Dr. Daow and Dr. K of the situation.

This was not a good situation. Kongpob's mind had continued to supply him with "if only I had" scenarios and his guilt, fueled with fear was eating him from within. His thoughts, however, were broken when the attending doctor approached him, calling out Arthit's name. Kongpob almost stumbled in a rush to stand up.

"Mr. Suthiluck? You are here with Mr. Arthit Rojnapat, right?" Kongpob could only nod.

"Well, the patient has a high fever and also beginnings of throat infection. We have already administered some medicine to control body temperature. This is a pregnancy-safe antibiotic. As far as the reports show, this is just a lone incident and is not connected to the pregnancy, but we have contacted Dr. K and Dr. Daow and they should give their opinion in the matter." Kongpob stood there, just listening, hardly responding to anything that he was being told.

The doctor must have realized that the young man was not quite himself. The doctor patted Kongpob's arm, trying to get the young man to get a grip and pay attention.

"Mr. Suthiluck are you okay?"

Kongpob took a deep breath, "Yes. Kharp doctor. I understand."

The doctor let out a small smile and nodded. Kongpob asked, "Can I see him?"

"Uhh..he has been given a sedative because he needs a lot of rest, at this moment, so he can fight the infection. He is also dehydrated, so we have him on IV drips. You can go in, but try to not wake him up."

Kongpob nodded. "Also, we are waiting on Dr. K to respond, which I'm sure he will soon. If there is anything else from his side, we will do that." As of now, relax, grab a cup of coffee, ok, nong? And go, sit with your mate. Everything will be alright."

The Alpha nodded, thanking the doctor as he went in sat down beside his sleeping Omega.

It was nearly thirty minutes when Kongpob's phone rang, showing it was Dr.K calling. It was not unusual for Dr. K to contact a patient in delicate cases and so it seemed like the staff already knew he would. Kongpob rushed to pick up the call, fumbling with his words.

"Khun Suthiluck.."

"Doctor..doctor I .."

"Please calm down okay? There's nothing to panic about. I have seen all the reports, we have also taken a look at the ultrasound. Everything right now seems to be as it should be. But we are still meeting in about three weeks. So as of now.."

"But doctor the fever was high and and..I found him almost passed out.."

Dr.K sighed softly, "I understand. You panicked, especially since this happened soon after we stopped his pills. But I think now we can treat your partner as any other case, where twins is a possibility."

(AN: Also my real-life experience. The fear is ...just *swallows remembering*)

Kongpob swallowed. This meant that whatever Dr. K had found out from the reports it was not something to be scared of. Dr.K sounded calm and very confident and Kongpob couldn't detect any sense of urgency in his tone.

"Kharp Doctor."

"Dr. Daow will be in touch with you. She will guide you further and right now there is no need to be in any sort of panic mode, okay?"

"Okay Kharp." Kongpob let out a small smile as well.

"I will meet both of you in three weeks, okay?"

Kongpob thanked the doctor profusely as he turned his attention back to his Phii. His Phii was slightly pale but Kongpob could tell he was just sleeping. It was better his Phii got as much rest as possible. The Alpha gently brushed back the hair that had fallen onto his Phii's closed eye and he couldn't help but smile a little. Somehow today suddenly Kongpob was feeling positive that everything will turn out well.

Kongpob didn't realize Dr.Daow was beside him until she spoke and he looked away from his Omega, "N'Kongpob, shall we talk outside?"

"Kharp Phii."

Standing outside in the waiting area, Dr. Daow explained, "Don't worry. There doesn't seem anything concerning. The fever was just because of normal changes in weather that led to throat infection. I think everyone just panicked because it's a delicate case."

Kongpob sighed and smiled as he nodded.

"I have written down the medicine for the infection, everything else should be the same. You can take him home when he wakes up, okay?"

"Kharp Phii. Thank you." He watched as Dr. Daow left him to check on other cases.

Kongpob is sitting by his Phii once again and his mind is swirling with all the thoughts that he could barely control. He couldn't afford to let what happened today happen again. He felt guilty that he couldn't pay attention to his Omega when he knew Arthit was sick. He should have done so many things that he had neglected to do. Nothing was more important than his Phii for him. With his mind continuously filled with all these heart-clenching thoughts, Kongpob remembered his talk with Tew. His friend was right. This situation that Kongpob and his Phii were in was..Kongpob knew these initial months were crucial and yet he had made the mistake of going into a comfort zone and not staying alert. Dr. K had already told them that if there was any problem they should contact him immediately, and what did he do? He literally forgot his Phii. Maybe it was time to accept that he needed help. Kongpob sighed, maybe they should indeed enquire and know what their options are. 

________________________________________________________________________________

AN: What do you think?

Let me know!

See you later, my lovelies!