Chapter 12

Katsuki's concern only enhanced when he got back to work and Izuku didn't pronounce one single word the whole time. 

The omega wasn't even writing things in his notebook anymore. He seemed broken and his green eyes were empty. Something had definitely happened but Izuku wouldn't say anything. He even looked terrified whenever Katsuki would ask about it. 

Katsuki decided to go home sooner. Maybe being somewhere familiar where he could feel safe would relax the omega.

"Are you hungry, Deku? Do you want me to cook katsudon?" Katsuki asked as they entered his house, in the hope of getting a reaction out of Izuku, but the green-haired boy didn't even look at him as he answered. "I-I'm not hungry. I-I'm gonna go to sleep..." he said in a small voice before disappearing, leaving Katsuki alone.

Izuku was clearly not all right.

Katsuki waited a little before heading toward the bedroom as well. He needed to do something, anything. "Deku?" He called as he knocked. "I'm going inside." He stated when he didn't get a reply and quietly opened the door, finding the tiny omega curled up on the bed. Katsuki silently closed the door behind him at the sight and walked toward the bed, joining Izuku on it. He then gently pulled the smaller boy in his arms, Izuku's face pressed against his muscular chest.

Izuku didn't say anything as he let Katsuki pull him in his embrace. He desperately needed comfort right now and Katsuki was warm, his scent was even reassuring. He didn't know why, but it made him feel safe.

"You know, you just have to say the word and I'll fucking blow up anyone you want." Katsuki whispered as he started to run a hand through Izuku's green curls, softly. The omega didn't say anything but he timidly looked up to Katsuki, meeting his captivating ruby eyes. It slightly encouraged Katsuki and so he continued to talk in a gentle voice, a voice only Izuku got to hear.

"I don't know what happened but I goddamn swear I'll never let anyone hurt you, Deku." He quietly assured as he gazed into Izuku's beautiful emerald orbs, losing himself in them. He couldn't resist and he slowly leaned closer to put a soft kiss on the smaller boy's forehead, with all the care in the world. 

Izuku was precious and fragile. Katsuki needed to treasure him.

"You're safe with me." The alpha kept murmuring and this time he pressed a kiss on Izuku's cheek, gently. "K-Kacchan..." Izuku silently called out, his eyes locking with Katsuki's crimson eyes. Katsuki kissed his other cheek and Izuku melted in response, not used to the sweet affection. It made him want to snuggle closer to the alpha and forget about everything.

"I'll make sure to protect you, baby." Katsuki assured again and Izuku let out a small whimper at the words. His heart was gradually beating faster inside his chest and warmth was spreading inside him. Each time Katsuki pressed a kiss on his face, his skin tingled and his anxiety slowly faded away.

Katsuki kept gently kissing Izuku, his mouth smoothly getting closer to the omega's plump lips. He really wanted to taste them, to see if they were as soft as they looked like...

He stopped his kisses only to look into Izuku's emerald eyes and they both bored into each other's eyes, time seeming to slow. Izuku's breath hitched when he caught Katsuki's gaze flickering to his lips, his heart racing as he realised what the alpha wanted. 

He nervously closed his eyes when Katsuki slowly leaned closer, the hero observing the omega's reaction. Izuku felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest as he could feel Katsuki's warm breath on his skin, only inches away from his lips...

Until Katsuki's lips finally connected to his.

It was soft and it made Izuku melt as he completely gave in to the sweet sensation. Their lips perfectly moved together, meeting and separating at a slow and tender pace.