Chapter 11: If Only You Knew

Flashback

Flashback

"Bro let's go!" I yelled to DeAndre as we ran from one of the vacant trap houses.

"I'm comin!" He groaned letting off a few more rounds.

Not knowing where the hell I was going, I jumped to the next solid rooftop.

"Awhh shit!" Dre yelped as he tumbled into a roll.

Cracking a smile, I jumped down to another roof beginning to pick up more speed. "You betta hurry up!"

"You try shooting and jumping onto fuckin' rooftops!" He protested catching up to me.

Smiling off again, I slowed down just enough for him to go before me. Reaching for my gun, I stopped in my tracks firing off a few shots.

Hitting one of the runners in his upper arm, I turned my head realizing that Dre was no longer in sight. With my eyes reverting in numerous directions, my body began to lean over my current building's edge catching Dre sliding down the railing of the next building.

With shots echoing in the distance and bullets bouncing off places near my head, I ducked trying to find my own way down.

"Now you betta hurry up!" Dre laughed back as I balanced myself on top of an air conditioning unit.

"Shut up." I huffed jumping down. "You won't be talking shit when one of these cocaine houses blow."

"Well shit c'mon den!" He took lead. "A burnt sausage on a stick is not how I planned to go out."

I rolled my eyes.

With me hustling closely behind him, I mentally hoped the opposing members chasing us did not have any more recruits.

Dre and I had been running for about half an hour now, and the more distance we put between us, the farther we were from our initial checkpoint.

"We need to circle back to the warehouse." Dre looked back and in an instant he fell to the ground.

"Dre?" I looked around as I tried to lift him up.

"Sniper." He groaned as he stood up on one leg.

"Can you still walk?" I tried helping him balance himself up.

"Yeah, but I won't make it far like this." I began to hear men call out in the distance.

"Fuck Dre! C'mon." I began to pull him along.

"Yo stop! Stop!" I bent down against a building.

"What?" I panted trying to stay out of sight.

"That sniper needs to be taken out." He huffed holding onto his bleeding knee.