Chapter 15: The Compelling Story

"Aye!" Calvin called out from the SUV

Turning around just before reaching the steps to my complex, I side eyed his daring eyes.

"You forgot something." My arms reached out just in time to catch the flying pager. "Don't be late." He warned.

"And my car?" I asked.

"I'll have someone drop it off to you."

"When?" I asked smartly.

With a wink and smirk developed across his face, he ordered the driver to pull off into the dawning light leaving me with no clear answer about my baby.

Tapping the pager against my hand, I turned heading up the stairs to my apartment. It was bad enough we couldn't discuss our next plans, but knowing he was leaving me to fend for myself alone again scared me even more. As I began to fish for my keys, a dark figure caught the tail end of my eye.

Before I could say anything at all, he mumbled, "We need to talk."

Taking a deep breath before deciding what to say next, I moved passed him in order to unlock my door. "There's nothing to talk about Sean." I kept my head down as I gained access to the front door.

With attempt to enter my apartment, Sean caught hold of my forearm stopping me within my tracks. "Don't shut me out like you do everyone else." He pleaded.

"I'm not shutting you out." I huffed. "I just don't wanna argue okay." I began to feel choked up.

"No arguing. I promise." His hand began to travel down to mine. "I just wanna talk." He begged.

As hard as it was not to look him in the eye, my heart was yearning for a intimate connection after tonight. Losing against my fighting urge, my head finally lifted pulling Sean behind me into my apartment.

As silence filled the air, Sean looked around the living area noticing the destructive holes in the wall. Giving him the look of not wanting to get into it, his shoulders dropped as he sat on the arm of the couch.

"Just let me get washed up." I sat my keys down on the counter. "You can hang out in the second bedroom since I'll be sleeping there tonight." I looked around my apartment once again. It was the only place that hadn't been completely torn to shreds. I sighed to myself.

"Ight." He nodded. "Take your time." I smiled halfheartedly as I entered my bedroom.

Quickly stripping away my clothes, I stopped at my bathroom mirror analyzing my wounds.

Here I was again.

Burned and beaten by those who did the same to my parents.