Chapter 1: First For Everything

My enemies know my weaknesses

My enemies know my weaknesses. My friends think I'm fearless, but I'm not so sure I'm strong.

I try to instill confidence within myself, yet others fight on my behalf.

I'm not dead.

Although sometimes I wish I was.

Praying my mind would leave my past behind, I suck it up and try to live again.

It's the first day to start over. The first day learning to accept those who come and go all over again. Though the downside to all this poetic bullshit is that today's my first day of school.

Senior year to be exact...

For some odd reason, I woke up earlier than usual this morning. Deciding to take my probation officers' advice, I got up and began writing in my journal to calm my first-day anxieties.

If we're being honest here, I hate people, teachers, and the high school status quo. This school shit was just an excuse to show how obedient and tolerant one could be.

Hell, it was my only excuse for being productive during the day; practically an alibi.

I mean my summer consisted of many things to do, but to the point where certain activities exceeded their welcome.

And shit here I was starting school late all over again, knowing I had no true intentions of sticking to the program.

Hell, the only reason I decided to finish out my last year was due to my parents' influence. I knew how much it meant to them that I received my diploma. Cause with the agreement I settled between me and my uncle, I had no choice but to.

I swear there's never a day he's not down my throat.

"Be mindful of your actions."

"Know when to close your mouth."

"All that fast talkin' soon goin' get you in trouble...blah blah blah."

With a groan, I threw my pen into my journal deciding not to continue. With the need to get my day started, I finished my normal bathroom routine and began skimming through my closet.

Deciding to go with an all-black attire, I grabbed a plain turtle-neck tucking it into my jeans. Lowering down to my shoes, I picked up my signature pair of boots strapping up the laces. Moving towards my dresser, I topped the look off with gold custom jewelry; later accompanied by my signature ring engraved with my initials.

After checking my appearance in the mirror, I picked up my backpack, phone, and keys; closed my door behind and walked into my kitchen-living area.

Currently, I lived in a two-bedroom apartment with a great view of the city. My living room was spacious and I had a huge kitchen; at least in my mind to mess up whenever I felt like it. After recently painting the walls between a teal and grey color, I hung pictures nearly on every wall and above my doors them being portraits of old-school cars and my artwork.