"We should go for street tacos. I'm kind of hungry..." I trailed off looking to him. He looked back to me and chuckled.

"Sure, tacos first." He drove off to one of the go-to spots for food trucks and we made our way to one selling tacos. I grinned as we stood in line and he gently placed his arm around my shoulder and tucked me in under his protection.

▶△◀

My few hours with Eddie was great. He hesitated at the end as I made my way out. I asked him if there was something on his mind. He leaned in and cupped my face. His lips attached with mine in a sweet kiss. I smiled when I pulled away, surprised at his action, and still feeling the tickle of the kiss on my lips. A light blush made its way on my face. I wished him a good night and headed inside.

Maria caught me in my tracks, already ready to go out for the dinner. When she saw me she asked me what was up. I told her it was nothing and made my way up to change. I was still in my team gear. When I was ready we headed out. I could tell she still wanted to ask but I didn't want to tell her. I had a feeling she was into Eddie. I'm not sure why Eddie made his move on me. I thought him and Maria were hitting it off these past few weeks.

My phone pinged with a message and I saw it was Eddie: Sorry, didn't mean to scare you off earlier.

I opened my messages and began a reply: You didn't scare me. It was nice.

He sent back a simple winky face emoji and I let out a snort at how lame that is. Maria looked to me for answers and I told her that someone was just being lame online. She didn't believe me but also didn't push any further.

"How are you doing Maria?" She looked at me as we parked and shrugged.

"My work hours are crazy, so I'm glad to get a moment to come to dinner. I'm also really glad you called me up-- and remembered my offer!"

"I wish I had called you up sooner. I wonder how far along of friends we could have been if I had just called you up when I was bored in my house one day." She told me not to worry and we both headed into the restaurant, our arms linked.

▶△◀

As the team headed onto the busses for travel I snapped pictures of them in their rather fashionable outfits. They all look dashing in their dress shirts, ties, fancy shoes, and watches. I let out a laugh as Eddie walked in my frame and gave me a goofy grin and wink. I blushed as he made eye contact thinking about the small kiss yesterday.

He looks good in his dark blue button-up, skinny white tie, dress pants, and his hair gelled up. "Looking good, Zo." I shook my head as more of the team's members headed to the busses. We have two busses and I'm placed where they are heading towards my shot but can either go to the right or left of me and go to their designated bus. I'm designated to bus A with the coaches. Mr. Russell came walking by and smiled at me.

"Morning, Coach."

"Morning Zoey, I'll be sure to save a seat for you behind me. You don't want to get stuck anywhere else. It will be boring. And annoying." I let out a laugh and continued to take shots. The final stragglers made their way to the busses and I caught sight of Griffin in my camera. He's in a charcoal grey suit, with a red button-up. It's dashing on him. He faltered in steps when he saw me. He made his way to bus A, stopping mid-step to look back at me. When he saw that I was watching a small smile trickling on his lips. Seeing all the players on the busses I made my way to my bus and seat, flipping through the pictures of Griffin-- he's staring directly through the camera to me in all shots but one. The one his eyes are closed due to a blink.

I still need to call Dr. Schmidt.

▶△◀

I was trying to towel dry my hair when I heard a knock on my hotel door. Coach and Henry were able to secure me a single hotel room during our overnight delay. I gave a smile to Eddie who knocked and let him into the room. "Hey, Zo. Didn't mean to intrude on your night." He leaned against the wall while I sat on the bed.