Chapter 44

Don't forget to like every chapter 。◕‿◕。

THIRD PERSON

He loves Doreen. Kael does. Hindi niya babawiin ang babae kung hindi niya ito mahal. Crossing the mortal world makes him weaker but he endured it. She was the only one he got in the cruel world he's living in. It took him some time before he woke up and felt something for Doreen. Her guts made him fall inlove. She's not that kind of person who needs rescuing because she is no damsel. She will do whatever she wants to do and that's what Kael liked about her.

Kael's feeling overpowered the poison of Kiarissa. He just woke up in a trance and never accepted the food Kiarissa's giving him. He find it real hard but he endured the suffering pain of headache and chest pain. After knowing he is being controlled, he seized the family of Kiarissa. She begged for forgiveness, of course. But he didn't listen anymore.

During those times, he seeked some experts to locate Doreen. It took some time but it was a success. Kael hoped that everything will go on smoothly. He is willing to give whatever Doreen wants. He will accept her love but things didn't work out. What striked him most is that he found it that Doreen is mated to his older brother, the real heir to the throne.

He was jealous. All he wants is to be loved by someone. He is seeking for love that no one gave him. His mother is different from the late queen. He witnessed how lovable and gentle the late queen was and somehow he was jealous to his step brothers. His mother was ruthless, seducing and cold.

Mates are things daemons have. It is a special bond formed when you meet your other half but Kael was announced that he had no pair. The palace advisers told him that. Linus, too. Before Linus was exiled, all of them were told that they do not have any mates. But now, things are quite different and he doesn't know how to take action with the new lady in his care.

The first time Kael laid his eyes on her, he felt a sudden rush in his blood. The moment their eyes met, he can't stop staring at her. When their skin touched, his mind, heart and soul recognized her. It is indeed his mate. He was having a hard time accepting it because of the councils who told him he didn't have one but the moment their skin touched, he knew. He is hers. The feeling he felt for Doreen is far more different from this lady who just came. It is much more higher than the love he had for Doreen.

"Hmmm.." The lady is waking up. Buong magdamag niyang binantayan ang babaeng nawalan ng malay mula ng hinila niya ito. Her eyes opened. Kael never though that he will be addicted to her lovely pair of sapphire eyes. He can't stop staring at them. Its beautiful.

"N-nasaan ako?" Mahina nitong tanong at nanlaki ang mga mata when she saw Kael. "I-ikaw! I-ikaw yung.. sino ka! Bakit ako nandito? Nasaang lupalop ba ako ng mundo?" Halata ang pagkabalisa at takot sa kanyang boses. She covered herself in blankets in fear. He knows that she's not used to live in here. This is the first time she set her feet in this world.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess." Kael speaks.

"B-bakit ba ako nandidito? H-hindi ko maintindihan.. ano ba ang nagyayari? Nasaan ako?" Tears immediately fall down in her eyes. He never thought that tears will make him heart crushed.

"Calm down. I will explain everything." Lumapit siya sa kinaroroonan ng dalaga. The lady trembled in fear. Kael is hesitating to touch her but he did. He wiped her tears. "I will not hurt you. I promise."  Good thing that she stopped trembling. Looks like she felt something in his touch. Maybe its the bond.

"S-sino ka ba?"

"I am Kael. May I ask your name, milady?"

She hesitated at first but then she told him her name. "Dahlia."