Ch. 25 - I Miss You

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue, the unsuspecting victim, of darkness in the valley, we can live like Jack & Sally if we want"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Luke's P.O.V*

"I don't know what to say, Luke" my mum says as I cry on her shoulder, "I mean, I always knew you & Michael had something special, but-".

"But how am I meant to make this pain & guilt go away, mum? I miss him so fucking much!" I sob.

"It's been a day, Luke, give it time" she says softly, rubbing my back, "You've gone longer than a day without seeing him before".

"Yeah, but I knew I would be able to see him again!" I cry, feeling my heart shatter for the millionth time.

"I'm sorry" she apologise, "I don't know what to do to help".

"It's okay" I sniff, "Neither do I".

"I can't believe he's gone" mum says quietly.

"Tell me about it" I mumble.

*Later*

It's not just the kissing, the cuddling, the jokes, the bickering, the sex, or anything similar that I miss about Michael, it's just his company in general that I miss.

I miss being able to glance over to the spot beside me, or across the room even, and see Michael sitting there, wether he's on his phone, talking to someone, or off in his own little world while listening to music, he was still right there, meaning I wasn't alone.

We didn't need to be talking or making physical contact for me to be happy, his presence in general was enough to wash away my worries.

Not that the room was often quiet when Michael occupied it, if he's not chewing your ear off with some story, he's either screaming at a video game or blasting music and singing at the top of his lungs. That's one thing I loved about Michael, he could adjust to new surroundings quickly and find a way to make them seem a little less scary for the rest of us.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come in with you?" Ashton asks, snapping me out of my daze.

"I need to do this on my own" I tell him nervously, staring towards Michael's house, "Thanks for giving me a ride though".

"No problem, Cal & I were out and about anyway" Ashton gives me a smile as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Let us give you a hand with Michael's stuff" Calum says, and before I can argue, the both of them are out of Ashton's car and unloading Michael's things.

We carry everything up to the front door before I thank them and say goodbye. "Give us a ring when you want to be picked up, okay?" Ashton says as we have a quick group hug.

"Okay" I nod. The two of them walk back to the car and I watch them drive off before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door.

"Oh, Luke, Hun!" Michael's mum says in surprise as she appears at the door. By the looks of it, she's been crying as much as I have.

"Hey, Karen" I say, giving her a nervous smile as she opens the door for me.

"You know I could have come and gotten Michael's things, right?" She says as she gives me a big hug.

"I know" I say quietly, hugging her back, "But I needed to talk to you".

"About?" She asks as she pulls away and picks up one of Michael's bags.

"It's a long story" I tell her, picking up a suitcase, "Michael thought it was best that I tell you".

"You don't agree with him?" She asks in confusion, pausing at the door.