Ch. 16 - Pain

"Pain, without love. Pain, I can't get enough. Pain, I like it rough. 'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Luke's P.O.V*

*Flashback*

"And I've lost my pen again" I mutter to myself as I rummage around in my backpack for the black biro I swear I put in there after English, ten minutes ago.

I'm literally about to tip the whole thing upside down and have everything fall out onto the table I was sitting at when I finally find my magical vanishing pen.

"Ah, gotcha!" I say happily as I pull the cap off and stick it on the other end of the pen.

Ew, now I have to do the Maths homework I probably should of done last nigh, instead of practicing my guitar and watching Supernatural.

"Stupid homework" I mutter an insult to the double-sided sheet of Maths homework.

So far, I've written my name at the top of the page... That's it.

I've come to the realisation that I'm defiantly not going to finish this shit in twenty minutes before I have to go to Maths and hand it in... Detention, again, oops.

"Hey" a familiar voice says, startling me a bit, and I cringe inwardly, knowing straight away that it is my only enemy, Michael Clifford.

"What?" I ask in annoyance, looking up at him as he half sits down on my table.

"I was just wondering what time I should pick you up for our first date" he says with a small smirk.

I have to admit, that took me by surprise, but after a few seconds, I start laughing. Not a laugh that basically says 'ha no, fuck off', but a laugh that says 'ha, you're pretty funny'.

I tap my pen on the table a few times, biting my lip. With a small sigh, I reach over and grab Michael's hand, bringing it closer to me and writing my phone number on it as I chuckle and say "You can pick me up at six if we don't call it a date, text me for my address".

Then I stand up, collect my things, and leave a slightly shocked Michael to sit alone at the table.

That was defiantly the weirdest run in I've ever had with Michael.

*Later*

"What does this make us?" Michael asks curiously as he walks me back to my house.

"Not a couple, that's for sure" I tell him seriously, "I'm not gay, that's all, and I have a girlfriend".

"Oh" Michael says quietly, "Well, can we at least be friends now? I'm kind of sick of fighting with you all the time".

"I like that idea" I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Ashton's probably going to kill me for befriending you" Michael laughs.

"And Calum will kill me, so we're both dead" I laugh as well.

"So, Uhh, this is your house... So, bye?" Michael says awkwardly as we reach my house.

"Yeah" I sigh, looking towards the front door, "Bye, Michael...".

"See you at school on Monday" he says quietly.

"Yeah, see you then" I nod. We both smile slightly and I watch Michael as he keeps walking for a few seconds before running up to my house.