Ch. 15 - Criminal

"But mama I'm in love with a criminal, And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical, Mama please don't cry, I will be alright, All reason aside I just can't deny, love the guy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Hey, Mikey! Good to hear from you, honestly, but I have to leave for work in ten minutes"

"Oh, sorry mom! I'm still not used to the timezones properly!"

"No problem, Hun- wait, are you alright? You sound like you're upset"

"No, I'm fine, but I wanted to ask you for advice"

"Oh okay, what do you need advise for?"

"I have this friend, and I'm worried about her"

"Why? What's wrong with her?!"

"Her boyfriend, he's abusing her"

"Oh dear"

"Do you know what she should do?"

"Leave him"

"But she's still in love with him"

"Maybe it's for the best though, Mikey"

"Oh"

"Is there anything else?"

"Uh, yeah, she uhh, she told me she wanted to kill herself"

"Oh my gosh! Michael, what did you tell her?"

"I told her to hold on, mom, I didn't know what else to say!"

"Keep her close, Michael, look after her as best you can! I believe you can help her, you just have to stay calm"

"I'll try"

"Okay, Michael, I have to go now, I love you!"

"I love you, too, Mommy! Bye!"

"Bye, sweetie!"

I end the call and throw my phone away, it hits the wall and the glass shatters as it hits the floor.

I let out an ear-piercing scream in frustration, only stopping once my throat is sore and my lungs start to scream for air. I fall to my knees and burst into tears.

"I can't leave him, mom, I'm so sorry" I sob, apologising even though there's nobody to hear me, "I love him too much".

Luke hadn't given me any bruises before he left, but he did leave me with a headache after screaming at me and thumping me across the back of the head. Hungover Luke is the worst kind of Luke, in my opinion anyway.

After crying for who knows how long, I suddenly feel exhausted, and fall asleep on the floor where I was.

When I wake up, it's to Ashton shaking me and calling my name. "Do I smell pizza?" I ask sleepily, rubbing sleep out of my eye.

"Trust you" Ashton giggles, "I brought it for lunch, but are you alright? What happened?!".

"What does it look like?" I mutter.

"It looks like you got mad at your phone and fell asleep crying" Ashton says quietly, caressing my cheek, "Now, what happened?".

"I just- I'm scared" I tell him.

"Of things getting worse?" He asks.

"Yeah" I sigh.

"Look, I don't want to tell you things will get better, because sometimes they don't get better" Ashton tells me.