Ch. 18 - Sweater Weather

"'Cause it's too cold, For you here and now, So let me hold, Both your hands in the holes of my sweater"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Lukey!" Michael shrieks in excitement as he wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me.

"Hey" I chuckle, "Someone might walk down the hallway and see us" I say as I push him inside and close the door behind us.

"Oh well" he giggles.

"If only we didn't have to run from one room to the other" I joke, "We wouldn't have to worry about making sure the door is closed before we kiss".

"Are we going to be able to move back in together yet?" Michael pouts, arms still wrapped around my neck.

"I'm afraid that is up to Cashton" I pout at him.

"But it's been weeks" he whines, "And my collar bone is practically healed, I don't even need the sling anymore".

"I don't think that matters much to them" I tell him sadly.

"You've only hit me twice in the past week" he points out optimistically.

"Only" I say in alarm.

"As opposed to every single day" he adds quickly, "Luke, you're getting better!".

"I don't know if it's a good idea though" I sigh.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Michael asks curiously.

"I think we should leave it until I'm not hurting you at all before we start rooming together again" I tell him quietly, moving my hands up to his waist.

"But it's my birthday" he pouts.

"I know" I smile at him, "Happy birthday, even though I called you the second I woke up to tell you that". I give him a quick kiss.

"Yeah, at 6:36am, I was still asleep" he pokes his tongue out at me.

"At least I remember your birthday" I laugh.

"True... Anyway, what are we going to do today?" He asks, smiling up at me.

"I don't know, what did you have in mind?" I ask.

"Movies? Lunch? Both?" He suggests, "I don't really mind, as long as we are together".

"You want to go see the new Hunger Games movie, don't you?" I ask with a smirk. Michael just blushes and nods. "Okay, we can do that" I tell him.

"Yay! And can we go to Panda Express for lunch?" He asks, his beautiful green eyes sparkling up at me.

"Slow down, aye? We have to have breakfast first!" I say in amusement.

"Pancakes?!" He says like a little kid.

"Pfft" I laugh, "Yeah, pancakes! If that's what you wish!".

"Yay! Let's go!" He cheers.

"Hold on!" I laugh, pulling him back as he tries to run off, "I have something for you!".

"Really?!" He asks, his eyes sparkling in joy again.

"Really" I chuckle as I pull something out of my pocket. "Look at the engraving" I say as I reveal his present, a thick, silver ring.

Michael smiles as he takes the ring and checks the inside of it. He starts to blush when he sees the 'M.C + L.H' that was engraved in between two little love hearts.

"It's perfect" he whispers as he slips it onto one of his fingers, "I love it".

"I'm glad you like it" I smile at him. He looks up, cups his hands over my cheeks, and kisses me.