Ch. 13 - Fix You

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed. When you get what you want, but not what you need. When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep. Stuck in reverse.

And the tears come streaming down your face, When you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone, but it goes to waste. Could it be worse?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Michael's P.O.V*

"I'm back" Luke says after I open the door for him.

"I can see" I chuckle as he kisses me on the cheek, before walking over to the 'kitchen'. I close the door and follow him.

"And" he says, pulling a packet of Aspirin out of his jacket pocket and holding it up for me to see.

"Oh my god, Luke, thank you!" I shout in relief. Luke just smiles and opens the packet.

"Grab a cup" he says, nodding up at the shelf above the kettle. I reach up and grab one of the coffee mugs and hand it to Luke as he hands me a tablet.

"Ta" I say, and as he turns to fill the cup with water, I throw the tablet in my mouth and swallow it. Luke turns back around to hand me the cup and pauses in confusion.

"Did you just swallow it?" He asks, probably feeling stupid for having to ask.

"Yeah" I smile, taking the cup from him and drinking the water. Luke just stands there for a moment before shaking his head.

"Uh- yeah, sorry I couldn't get you an ice pack, Cal & Ash are out seeking for one though" Luke tells me, chuckling towards the end.

"It's okay" I whisper, setting the cup back down on the counter.

"So, do you want to do something?" Luke asks curiously.

"Watch TV?" I suggest, "And then go get some lunch".

"Sounds like a plan" Luke says with a smile.

*Later*

"What if I just woke up one day and went 'You know what? I hate Luke Hemmings, and I want him to pay for everything he's done to me'?" I ask Luke nonchalantly.

Luke just stares at me, completely horrified, eyes widened and jaw dropped. "W-What?" He chokes out.

"What if I just... Get sick of the shit you put me through and decide to blab about it?" I ask seriously, "Show everyone my secret folder, full of evidence of what you've done to me?".

"Y-You wouldn't" Luke stutters, sounding uncertain.

"Not now, but.. What if it goes too far? Pain does things to a person, you know?" I tell him.

"Are you trying to blackmail me?" He asks in disbelief.

"No- maybe- I don't know" I mumble, "But I'm being serious, I don't want you to get into trouble, but what if you take things too far?.

"It won't, I'm getting better!" Luke practically cries at me.

"But what if you don't?!" I ask worriedly.

"Stop saying 'what if', I don't want to think about the what if's!" He practically begs.

"But what if, Luke, what if things don't get better?!" I half shout, trying to fight back tears, "Luke, I'm scared of getting you into trouble!".

"You won't- wait" Luke pauses, "You said something about a secret folder?".

"Yeah" I reply after a moments hesitation.

"S-Show it to me" Luke orders in a shaky voice.

My jaw tightens while I take a minute to figure out wether or not to show it to him. "Fine" I finally mumble, awkwardly pulling my phone out of my pocket.