Ch. 10 - Temporary Bliss

"I come over, Quarter past two, Love in my eyes, Blinded by you, Just to get a taste of heaven, I'm on my knees.

I can't help it, I'm addicted, But I can't stand the, Pain inflicted, In the morning, You're not holding on to me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Michael's P.O.V*

Sleep with Luke; wake up & get abused; get left alone for half an hour; Luke comes back and apologises, crying his eyes out; have sex; finish the day like normal; more sex; repeat.

That is how the past week since Luke has gotten out of hospital has gone, and it's killing me inside and out.

At the moment, Luke is gone, probably out trying to cool off and figure out a good enough apology, while I stand here underneath the cold water of the shower in attempt to sooth the pain in my body.

I'm singing to myself, admittedly glad that nobody could here me from in here.

"'Cause I can't keep sleepin' in your bed, If you keep messin' with my head, Before I slip under your sheets, Can you give me somethin' please? I can't keep touchin' you like this, If it's just temporary bliss, Just temporary bliss."

After what I think was about twenty minutes of just standing underneath the water, I start to feel lightheaded- probably because Luke had taken to pulling me around by the hair while he was mad- and I decided it's best I get out of the shower before I faint.

I turn the water off and wrap a towel around my waist, before walking out of the bathroom and laying down on my bed.

I feel slightly better after about ten minutes, so I get back up and get changed. It takes me an extra minute or so to get changed because of the fresh cuts on my thighs and stomach, but I get there in the end.

Then I decide to sit out on the balcony and listen to some new McBusted music, trying not to think about picking up my razor, once again, while I wait for Luke to return.

*Luke's P.O.V*

"That's it, I've had it! Michael, pack your things, you're swapping rooms with Calum" Ashton orders angrily.

"What?! No!" I almost shout.

"Luke" Ashton growls, lifting up Michael's shirt to reveal some of his bruises, and a bunch of self-harm cuts, "Do you see this?!".

"I'm sorry! Please don't take him from me!" I beg.

"No, you've fucking done it!" Ashton snaps at me, "I'm keeping him away from you whenever I can!".

"This is a bad idea" Michael says quietly, as if he's afraid to speak.

"Michael, this is for your own safety!" Ashton warns him.

"But I don't want to leave him-" Michael begins to argue.

"Mike-" I sigh, "Just do as he says".

I see tears start to form in Michael's eyes. "But-" he chokes out.

I sigh and pick up one of my favourite sweaters. "Sleep in this" I say softly, handing him the sweater. "Plus, it's not like we won't be aloud to see each other at all" I remind him.

"Exactly" Ashton nods in agreement.

"But we won't be alone" Michael squeaks, tears slipping from his eyes, "I need you!".

"This is for your safety" I say quietly, brushing a bit of his bright red hair out of his face.

"But, I-" he cries.