Ch. 14 - The Way I Loved You

"But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain, And it's 2am and I'm cursing your name, You're so in love that you act insane, And that's the way I loved you, Breakin' down and coming undone, It's a roller coaster kinda rush, And I never knew I could feel that much, And that's the way I loved you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Michael's P.O.V*

"What do you mean you lost Luke?!" Ashton asks in annoyance.

"I mean, I went to go pee, and when I came back, he was gone" Calum says, sounding ashamed.

"Ugh, okay, I'll just call his phone" Ashton sighs.

"Uhh, about that" Calum says awkwardly, holding up something he just pulled out of his pocket. It's Luke's phone.

"Calum!" Ashton shouts.

"He left it on the bed, don't blame me!" Calum jumps back from Ashton, as if he thought Ashton was about to deck him one.

"Jesus Christ, if the next time we see him is in a hospital bed, or worse, a morgue, I swear I will kill you!" Ashton threatens Calum, although I'm positive he would never actually hurt him.

"Luke is eighteen" Calum reminds us, "He can take care of himself".

"Last time he ran off he almost got himself killed" Ashton says through clenched teeth.

"Guys, you're stressing me out" I complain, siting down on the edge of Luke's bed. "Can you stop worrying about Luke? It's putting bad images in my head!" I mumble, covering my face with my hand.

"Okay, I'm sorry!" Ashton sighs, "I'm sorry, Mikey!". He sits down beside me and starts rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry, too" Calum tells me, "How about we just relax and have some faith in him?".

"Good idea" I squeak.

"I feel so stupid for letting him leave" Calum mumbles as he sits down beside Ashton.

"Hey, no, it's fine, babe!" Ashton says, giving Calum a quick kiss.

*Later*

"Is that Luke?" Calum asks, turning his head to face the door.

Nobody has to answer that question, though, because seconds after he asked, the door swings open and Luke stumbles inside, some blonde chick right behind him.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" Ashton half shouts in anger.

"Oops" the blonde giggles.

"I think my heart just committed suicide" I choke out quietly, fighting back tears.

"Dude, is she like ten years older than you?" Calum asks in disgust.

"Hey! I'm twenty-six" the blonde says in defence, pointing a finger at Calum.

"Eight years" Calum mutters.

"Get out!" Ashton orders, pointing to the door.

"No!" The blonde says, pulling an annoyed face.

"Yeah, stay" Luke tells the girl, "Wait- hold on!" He says, practically turning green in the face before stumbling towards the bathroom.

"Time for you to go!" Ashton orders as Luke starts to puke, "That is the sign that he's out of action for the night, trust me".

"Can I at least give him my numb-" she starts to speak.

"Nope, he won't need it" Ashton says as he shoved her out of the door.