"I know, I'll be out when I get that scholarship. For now, I just have to do my ting and survive." I leaned my head on the window.

"Does Wura know?" He asked, he made a right turn on the roundabout.

Why's he asking about Wura? Wura was sis for real but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her, yeah, sure she was beautiful. But her mindset had to be the sexiest. Nothing was finer than a girl who knew what she wanted and actually got shit done. Bun pretty girls, bun rich girls, bun fun girls, girls with ambition was where it's at. However, she was off limits, if I even hinted at being more than friends she would guard up like say she's going to war. I had half a mind to soften her up, girls like her were tough but eventually they melt like butter. I couldn't do that to her anyway, she was wifey material and right now I wasn't trying to deal girls in any way. My last girl was a jam and was still giving me pasa, mums I have ptsd!

"Wura?" I ask, I still don't know why he was mentioning her.

"Let's be real. You're not the type to get close to anyone, in two months you and her are doing up bestie. Lie to me and say it's nothing." Sav piped up in the back, who gassed this guy? Yeah, me and Wura had gotten close but personally I think that it's because we just vibes together. Naturally. She wasn't crazy loud or inna like all these other females. She had composure with a little bit of attitude (that I liked of course), wise and insightful. She had substance, most of the girls from secondary had the most chat but nothing upstairs. They'd bore me, Wura would inspire me. That was what set her apart.

"I don't get it. What does that have to do with anything?"

"You lot look close, does she know you're on road?" I frowned hearing him say that. I don't like the part where he said I'm on road. I'm not on road, at the very least you could say I'm affiliated. That's it. I don't sell drugs, I don't claim no areas. I'm just Vanni. Nevertheless, I don't correct him, "If you're tryna do a ting with her, she should know. She's got her shit together and from what Isa's said, she doesn't mess with road niggas. At all."

I didn't like what he said. Not one bit. He made it sound like I was going to get her in trouble or something. We had literally known each other for two months, coming like I was trying to wife her. I don't know what he's waffling about.

Okay, that was cap.

Could I trust myself to not want her? I don't know. She is my cup of tea after all. If it were any other girl it wouldn't be an issue, it would be a pattern, but because it was precisely a girl like Wura. I know I'd end up compromising.

"We are just friends. Plus, I'm not in that deep. You're moving gay, just drive." I kiss my teeth and close my eyes to take a nap. "You said it, I hope I can hold you to your word. At the very least, I trust you'll do the right thing." I heard his sigh before I drifted off into sleep. Always coming with that wisdom bs and slapping me with reality. One of the reasons why I loved and hated this guy.

.
.
.
.
.

When Manny dropped me home I went straight to bed and had a nap I didn't even enjoy. My body was aching and I wasn't having no ice bath. I hate being cold the most! I'll just get my mum to do this heat therapy thing she does for me sometimes. My mum was what you would call 'tall' for a woman at least, she stood at a good height of 5'9 but only reached my shoulder. I hugged her as I enter the kitchen.

"Hot towel?" She asked noticing the fatigued expression on my face, I nodded. That would be bless right now.

"How was your day?" I ask as she put the kettle on, my mum was my g. My dad was cool, I preferred his side of the family too but my mum had my heart. She took care of me, she took care of all of us. She had three sons and a daughter but I know she was closest to me, at least that was the case whenever my big brother, Izan was at uni. Samaria, my little sister was closer to my dad, he spoiled her, probably because she was the only girl. As for Luca, my little brother that Wura loved so much. He did his own thing, if anything he was probably closest to me.

"Same old, same old. You need to talk to Luca for me, he's been acting like a brat these days. You spoil him too much." Me? Perhaps that was true. He was my little rider, when I'm not with the Muni boys and I was in my car, he was always with me. Nuff times people thought he was my yute. "Mm, yeah I'll try." I shrugged, the little guy was lippy for a four year old. I swear it was from that stinky sister of mine, always chatting some type of shit, teaching him cuss words.

"Oh yeah, that sweet friend of yours from a few roads away. You should bring her around sometime, I like her, she actually had manners. Not like that useless one you used to bring around me." My mum suggested whilst throwing some small shade. Wura? Again?

Let me be real. I was seriously thinking of what Manny said. He made sense as much as I hated to admit it. It would be better to fall back now while my thoughts were still pure rather than when or if I ended up feeling her.

"Wura?" I ask to be sure. But who else could it be, I don't talk to any other female. My mum had spoken to her over the phone one time when I left my phone unattended, as in they got so close Wura started calling my mum, 'mummy'. So, when I ask her to chill she wants to attack me, but when she speaks to my mum once she calls her 'mummy'. Say nothing.

"Ehnnn." She confirmed. She dipped a flannel in the hot water then squeezed it to stop it from dripping. I honestly don't understand how these African mothers hacked holding hot things, shit even my abuelita did it. Different type of toughness, for real.

I could feel my muscles ease up under the heat of the flannel. I sigh in satisfaction, "I don't know, Manny said something to me that made sense and I don't think I could mess with her anymore." I admit.

"What? Why, she's a good girl?" I could hear the protest in her voice as she moved the cloth to rub around my shoulders. "That's precisely why. You know this ma, I ain't no good." It was no secret to my family what I was doing outside. That's one of the reasons why we moved to Bexley and Bexleyheath of all places, it was practically the suburbs. My dad gave me a job at his work and my parents let me work to the fullest at basketball funding everything behind it, all in an attempt to get me off road. Of course, there was only so much that they could do. I felt bad every time I went back but they also taught me to take responsibility for my actions, and that was the reason I was out there.

She sighed knowing her son was right and silently dipped the cloth back into the water. She knew she was meant to love her children equally but she still held a different type of love for this son of hers. She named him Giovanni meaning 'God is gracious' because she only wished he had  the best things the world could offer him, and she hated that he had to deprive himself of such things for a lifestyle he didn't ask for. If only that situation didn't happen four years ago, perhaps he would be much happier.

~•.•.•~

🥺🥺🥺
I didn't even mean for the end of this chapter to end on such a solemn note but I guess that just sets the mood on his side.

I bet you weren't expecting it! Giovanni pov, a bit too soon? Maybe? But I liked writing this anyway🤷🏾‍♀️

I think I might slow down my updating speed as well, I'm really spoiling you lots with four chapters this week, those views, comments and likes are gonna have to go up x

Oh yeah, and Reckz is now Manny. Reckz doesn't fit his personality.

-poppaldn