¡ 9- The Lost

It was weekend. Sitting on the bench, I watched Zayne play around with kids around his age. He was happy. Making him happy was my tribute to his mother. It was my duty. Seeing the happy children run around the park brought back memories. Sad memories. If I and Henry's child were alive today, it'd be 1 year by now. I wondered, if it'd be a he or a she.

Back then, Henry would always tell me if we had a child, he wanted it to be a girl. A girl as kind and gentle as her mother. And I would always say, I wanted a boy. A boy as strong and handsome as his dad. This feeling sucked. It sucked so bad. I didn't even get the chance to tell him I was carrying our baby. Then, I lost it. And I lost him. I lost him to Sophia. And I lost my best friend.

I couldn't get over the thought of loosing Henry to Sophia. It haunted my dreams. Yesterday, what Henry said to me made me feel completely defeated. Didn't he sense I was Eve? Can't he see through this fake face? Can't he see through my lie? Or was our love that weak?

Then, something hit me the head. I checked for what hit me and saw it was a kid's ball. I picked it up, while the children playing with it lined behind me, frightened. I smiled and threw the ball back at them.

"Thank you, ma'am." They all said with happy faces as they returned to their game. This also brought back memories, of me and Sophia when we were in high school. Shit, I shouldn't be thinking about her. She was a traitor. She was my enemy disguised as my friend.

I'll make every single one of them pay. From the people responsible for my father's death, to Rose's death. They'll all suffer, I promise.

Before I could bring my head down, I saw a figure. A female, covered in a black scarf and a black shade. I knew her well enough to know it was Sophia. She was walking alongside three of the biggest share holders in Buena industries and it looked like they were having a serious conversation.

"What could they be up to?" I murmured, leaping from the bench to eavesdrop. I had to cross the road that hadn't given a green light for pedestrian crossing. This was my desperation getting the better of me. I was so desperate from my revenge and my number one suspect now, was Sophia. I have to listen to their conversation at any cost.

I hid behind a large flower pot as I watched her and the three investors shake hands. "Thank you for your time." She smiled at them before they entered the ferrari and drove away while she turned around to leave with a happy face.

She hadn't seen me. I made sure she was completely gone before i came out of my hiding place, pissed. "Shit," I cursed, combing one hand through my hair, the other hand on my waist.

Thank you for your time was all I could hear?!

"Shit," I cursed again. I checked the time, it was past 3pm, meaning it was time for me and Zayne to go home. "I'm going to get you Sophia. I will defeat you at your own game." I muttered before retreating.

Getting to the park, I noticed a crowd gathering around the entrance and the people were panicking. I looked all over, the kids around weren't playing anymore and some parents were picking up their kids and leaving. "Zayne!!" I called out but he didn't answer. Maybe he was among the crowd, I thought. I wondered what was going on as I inched forward to look.

I could hear people muttering;
"Who's his mother?"
"Someone call an ambulance."
"Who brought this child here?"
"He looks dead already."

I tapped a boy, about 12 year old. "What's going on?"

"A little boy was hit by a truck, ma'am." He said.

At the mention of his words it felt like air was knocked out of my lungs. A little boy? How little? "Zayne!!!" Why was I panicking? There were so many little boys in the park. It couldn't be.

I lunged into the crowd and fought my way in. When I saw my Zayne on the floor looking lifeless and drenched in blood, I screamed my lungs out. "My son!" I dropped to the floor to rest his head on my laps. "Zayne!!!" I was tapping, pinching every part of his bloody body if dat would make him wake up. "Zayne! Someone call an ambulance, please. He's my child. Zayne!" I pulled him closer to me to rest his head on my chest. I didn't care if I was soaked with his blood.

I'm not loosing another child today.

•~

I sat outside the operating room with Paulina and Marc waiting for the doctor's to finish Zayne's operation. Paulina who was next to me kept consoling me and cleaning the ugly tears that fell down my cheeks. She kept saying, Zayne would be fine while Marc, just paced forward and backward.

This was all my fault. I left Zayne alone and he got hit by a truck. It's all my fault. I'm useless, I'm useless, I'm useless. I shouldn't have left him. This happened because I wanted my revenge so badly that I abandoned him. I'm selfish. If something happens to him I'll never forgive myself for it. Rose will ...  and Marc, he'll hate me. God, please, save him for me. Please...

________
Please Vote or Comment. How was this chapter? 😗