¡ 3- The Glimpse on Eve

I was in my bedroom, the one i shared with Marc. I tucked Zayne into bed and showered for the evening. I wore a red robe and sat in front of the mirror as i observed my body. I was now a completely different person. The surgery had been done to make me look exactly like Rose. She was a beautiful woman with a face and a body to die for. Unlike, mine.

I'd like to tell you a bit about my life as Eve now.

Before the surgery, I was, Eve was, what people would call 'a plain jane'. Though my father was wealthy, i faced discrimination through out my childhood because i was ugly. People only got close to me because they wanted to benefit my father's wealth. My true friend then was Sophia.

Sophia had always gotten the attention when we were children. She was pretty, sexy, friendly, talented and smart. The teachers loved her. The boys wanted her. My crushes wanted her. Above all, i was grateful to have her as my bestfriend. She really stuck up for me in my times of need, but... Never had i thought she'd want what was mine. Henry.

I met Henry three years ago. He was an orphan in his final year who paid his tuition fee through handy jobs he did. He saved me one night from goons who tried to kidnap me and we became friends. Though he didn't know who i was, he was kind to me. People in my life were there because of my money, but Henry was different. He was nice to me, unconditionally. It all happened so fast, we fell in love and he proposed.

Though he had little, he promised me a good life.

Months later, Henry found out my identity. He was mad for a while but he later became calm. He then insisted to see my father as it was the right thing to do before we get married.

I took Henry to see my father but Dad rejected him. Dad made it clear he wouldn't give his only daughter to a pauper that he wasn't going to support our union. Henry was a determined man and he was going to get what he wanted no matter what. They both made a deal, that if Henry could impress Dad in twelve months, he would have me but if he doesn't, he'd forget about me forever and Henry accepted.

Dad employed him in his company to work in a low position though Henry deserved a higher one. It was all part of the test. Through Henry's hard work and determination, Dad promoted him to a better department deserving his abilities.

In a year's time, Henry was able to impress Dad, though he wasn't really happy about it, but he made a deal and he let both of us get married. Henry and I were so happy together. He'd made some money, enough to take care of my needs.

Some months later, the incident happened, my dad died and i got arrested for it.

Henry and Sophia had my back that period. Rose as well. They'd all tried to find evidences to get me out of prison. Though it seemed the closer they were finding to an evidence, it just disappears. The culprit was smart enough to clean his tracks. That period i was emotionally down, struggling with my Dad's murder and being blamed for it took a toll on me. To top it all, i found out i was pregnant and i freaked out.

"Rose," I startled, turning to see Marc. I was so deep in my thoughts i hadn't realized he came in. As he moved closer, i adjusted my robe. "Hey."

"Hey." I answered briefly.

He came and stood behind me, both of us staring at the other. He slowly places his hands over my shoulder and leans down to my ear. "You look beautiful, babe." He began caressing my left shoulder, sending soft signals through my body. I shiver as he brings his head down to place soft kisses over my neck. Slowly, he looses my robe, and drops it down slowly, almost revealing my breasts. He carefully caresses my back, letting his hands slide forward, almost reaching my breasts. Every touch, sending heat down to my core. I love Henry but, Marc's touches take me on a whole new level.

Henry!?

"Stop!" I snapped and quickly got up, covering my robe over my body. "What do you think you're doing?"

Marc had the most confusing look. "B-bu... I was just trying to... "

"Go away, Marc." I said and headed for the bed.

"Look i know you're mad at me because of what happened at the dinning and I'm sorry."

I halted and turned to look at him. "No, you're not. Tomorrow, you're going to bring up this same Logan issue. And it really sucks because you don't trust me."

He closes the distance between us. "I do, Rose. Believe me i do. I want the best for you, can't you see that?"

"And what is the best for me?" I asked with crossed arms.

"Shit, Not Logan." He cursed. "Anyone but Logan."

"There you go again. I will not stop talking to someone because of your ego issues. Face it." I said with a pointed finger.

"I do not have an ego." He growled.

"Just leave me alone." I hopped to my side of the bed, turning the lantern off and ready for sleep.

"Rose, I'm still talking to you."

A frustrated sigh was the last thing i heard from him before shutting the world out as i forced myself to slumber.