¡ 1- The Bargain

Seven Months Later

I was on my feet, and in the gym working out on the treadmill. With some money and the right treatment, i was able to move again.

I stopped the treadmill when i was exhausted and went to my bag to get a bottle of water. After two gulps, my phone beeped. It was a text from Marc, asking when i would come home and i rolled my eyes. The fact that i was now living Rose's life, doesn't change the fact that I have a husband. Though that husband was now married to my ex bestfriend, I'm still gonna be loyal to him.

I packed my things, freshened up and headed home.

I opened the door to Marc's mansion and slowly walked in. The mansion was big and beautiful, i was getting used to calling this place home.

"Madam Rose, welcome." A maid approached me and took my bag. "Sir is waiting for you to come have lunch with the family in the garden."

The family always had lunch in the outdoor dinning by the garden. Not only was it a beautiful view, it was relaxing to be surrounded by the free gift of nature.

"Mummy!" Zayne yelled and raced down from his seat to hug me happily, and i welcomed him with open arms. He was Marc and Rose's 7 year old son. Though i wasn't his mother, i grew to love this child so much, it felt like he was my flesh and blood.

There were two other faces present on the dinning. Marc and his mother, Paulina.

"Sweetheart." I pecked Marc on his cheek with a straight face. I didn't want to do it though, if only Paulina wasn't here.

"Good afternoon, Mom." I pecked her as well before putting Zayne back on his seat.

"I see your legs are better, my dear." She complimented while she observed them.

"Of course, Mom." I simply smiled. While feeding Zayne his food, i could feel Marc's heated gaze on me. He kept on staring at me like he was about to eat me. Such a perverted husband.

"Madam, Rose." A maid approached us. "Sorry to disturb your lunch but Logan is here to see you."

At the mention of that name, there was a frown on Marc's face. But i didn't care.

"Maria, please come feed Zayne." I instructed the maid. "Zayne baby, make sure you finish up your food okay." I patted his head. "Excuse me."

I walked back into the house to find Logan sitting on the armchair in the living room, laughing and watching a cartoon. "Logan." I called out to him.

"Oh, Hey." He stood up with a brown envelope in his hand. He was wearing black pants and a black jacket over a grey shirt with a face cap. But i noticed his attention was not on me. I followed his gaze and turned to see him staring at Marc. Marc's gaze was on him as well, all the way from the garden. I stepped in front of Logan to prevent anymore eye contact between the two.

"Come. Let's talk in my office." I ushered him forward towards the end of the hallway.

I entered first and sat on the the swivel chair behind the desk while he sat in front of the desk.

"So, what's the update?" I asked

He observed me with narrow eyes. "Tell me exactly, what do i get if i do this for you?"

"Haven't i helped you enough, Logan? Unless you want to go back behind bars you better start talking."

He chuckled slightly. "Has anyone ever told you how incredibly hot you look when you're mad? Come on, Eve. I was just joking."

Yes, he knew i was Eve.

"Afterall, remember we had a deal" He added.

I met Logan while i was in prison. One week after i was convicted of murder, we became fast friends, him being there for the sale of illegal drugs. After i took Rose's place, i was mute. Not because i couldn't speak, but because i didn't know anything about Rose's life. Any wrong word from me, my secret would be discovered and i didn't speak unless spoken to.

The doctors were convinced it was a memory issue, partial amnesia. I, on the other hand found it as an advantage to cover up my tracks. Marc was really a good husband then. He was determined to get back memories he thought i lost. He took his time to explain things in detail. He took me to places him and Rose cherished. He also took me to the place the bomb incident occurred.

It was close to the prison, where the car Rose and I both entered had exploded.

•~ Flashback

Seven months ago, i was seated on the wheelchair staring at the damage the bomb caused. Marc was at a corner, answering an important business call.

The car was now a folded scrap metal covered in ashes. The trees around and the earth weren't spared as well.

A man walked from behind and knelt down beside me. He was wearing an overall with the prisoner tag on the back.

We both stared at each other. Eye to Eye, not breaking contact.

"Eve," He whispered and i was left wide eyed. How does he know?

He laughed humorlessly. "Don't squeeze your garment like that." I hadn't realized how hard i was gripping the hospital gown i was wearing until he mentioned. "It makes you look... Guilty."

The guards began gathering the prisoners back into their cells and he left with them while turning around to give me a creepy look.

A month ago.

"You came to see me?" He looked around to make sure no one would hear him before he said the last word "Eve."

"You know my secret, i came for business." I went straight to the point. "I can get you out of jail, for a small price actually."

He laughed mockingly. "Oh really?"

"Yes, of course. Rose is one of the best lawyers in the state and she's influential"

"But you're not Rose, you're a fake. You don't know anything about being a lawyer." He whispered.

"Do you want to get out of jail, or not?" I snapped.

"What do you want?"

I placed my arms on the table and leaned forward. "I want you to pledge your allegiance... To me."

•~ End

"Of course i remember our deal Logan." I said after snapping out of my thoughts.