¡ 13 - The Slap

I parked my car by the sidewalk near the coffee shop, waiting. The tinted glass gave me shade from the outside as I eye searched the place for him. The man I was meeting today should be around the corner. Took about 2 minutes before he walked towards me, dressed in all black outfit, opened the car doors and slid in. I locked the doors afterwards.

Not that we wanted to look suspicious but coincidentally, we were both dressed in all black outfit. I had a black scarf wrapped over my head with black shades for my eyes and a long flowing black gown.

"What's with this smile on your face today?" Logan asked with a cocky grin.

I turned to look at him for the first time since he entered the car. "Is it that obvious?"

He chuckled. These meetings with Logan meant I was diving back into my past. A past filled with pain
I hardly smiled. But today... Today was different.

"I got back my position in Buena Corp. You are looking at the woman in charge." I beamed. "I took down Sophia's dumb and stupid rules. Restored things back to their glory. I'm so happy, Logan. I am slowly getting things together."

"And how did Sophia take it?" He asked.

I reminisced, walking out of the conference room today, victorious and with a huge smile on my face. I gave them their shit to eat, Sophia and her accomplices. But what surprised me was the fact, she was happy. She only smiled and accepted defeat.

"She looked took it well. I'm a bit worried because... She took it too well. But when I look at things from another view, there's nothing she can do about it. Game over, I win." I said with a smile again.

"I don't think so." He brought out an envelope from his jacket and handed it over to me. "From my investigation, Bethany has been getting some benefits while in prison. A benefactor."

"Of course she has a benefactor, that's why she's so cocky." I hissed, while opening the envelope.

"You're probably guessing who."

I halted. Shocked. Anger, hurt, distaste swallowed my being as I stared at the contents of the envelope. "Sophia?" The smile I had on, disappeared.

"Sophia Exelero has been going in and out of the prison lately. Going on weekly visits to see Bethany." Logan added.

One year ago while I was in prison and with my real identity as Eve, Bethany was the jail mate who gave me information about how to escape. I didn't know she planned to kill me. The vehicle she told me to enter had a bomb in it and the real Rose and I unfortunately exploded along with it.

The real Rose lost her life that night. I managed to survive and now I'm currently living her life with her face.

If only I could tell everyone I was Eve.

I'm really Eve!!!!

But everyone thought Eve died that night. The irking part was the fact that I couldn't tell them I'm alive because immediately I do, I'll be thrown back into prison!

If only I had just used my fucking head.

Now, the woman whom I regarded as my bestfriend, Sophia, is having secret meetings with the woman who sent me into a van with a bomb in it?!

"How could she do that to me?!" I yelled in fury as I hit the steering wheel that made the car honk severally.

"Eve, you need to calm down." He pleaded

"I need more evidence, Logan. Something concrete that will throw Sophia into prison for the rest of her life. She'll pay for everything. First, she stole my husband. Then my company, my life." I was raging with anger right now, and he just seemed to sit there, chuckling as he watched me lamenting.

"I'll rid her of her happiness. I'll take everything and leave her with nothing. She'll feel my wrath and she'll wish she was dead. I swear I'll make her pay for everything. Fuck!"

•~

I drove in, parked my car and hopped out my vehicle. Heading into the house, at the entrance Marc halted me. His broad figure was hovering mine. His gaze was intense on my face before his lips finally moved. "Where were you again?"

"I went to get coffee." I rolled my eyes as I tried to pass by him and yet his figure stopped me again. I groaned. "Marc, can you stop it? I'm really not in a good mood."

"Oh why, your lover didn't put you in a good mood today, that's a shame."

"What are you talking about?" I was genuinely pissed.

He laughed hysterically. "You're seeing Logan outside now. I stopped Logan from coming here and you decided to take your illicit secret affair outside."

My palm hit his face. Hard.

"Marc!" Paulina, his mother yelled as she approached us.

"Say that again." I said as I closed the distance between Marc and I as he glared at me.

"Rose," Paulina gasped as she came between Marc and I. "What is all this? Everyday there's an argument between the both of you and it doesn't sit well with me. We have an ill child in the house for crying out loud. This needs to stop."

"Tell that to your son." I glared at Marc one last time and walked out on him and his mother.

---
Hope you liked this chapter cos I did. Please vote  😂🥺♥️