¡ 6- The Legacy

I sighed as i took in the building i was about to step into.

Buena Corp.

The place it all started. The place Eve's father, my father, was murdered a year ago. The building was a skyscraper, 20floored and high. Father's office was on the 18th floor and he was pushed all the way down to his death and i was blamed for it, back then when i was Eve.

"Good morning, Mrs Sullivan." The doorman greeted. "Welcome back."

"Thank you. Amos." I shot him a brilliant smile as i headed inside.

The walls of this building held so much of my memories as Eve. Buena Corp was like an identity for me. My father had the idea while he was a young cocoa farmer. He'd harvest cocoa for his parents then stole some and took to the back to make chocolate mix. It got famous around the town that he decided he to take it to the next step. He'd made chocolates from home and delivered it to shops and a few bakeries.

Soon, my mother joined him and they both started Buena Corp. My mother supported father through his struggle and Buena chocolates were all over the town. Sadly, my mother couldn't stay long to see her and my father's work become a success. She died after i was born. Dad took her place in my life. He'd make sure i was in no way lacking of a mother's affection. He always told me, the best gift i could give him was to continue his and mom's legacy, Buena chocolates.

I observed the surrounding. So much had changed since my absence. The office looked different, smelt different. building was repainted. The workers wore corporate of pink and white, only. Pathetic. My dad usually liked the office having a fresh morning glory scent but now it scented lavender. Disgusting. I'd take it was because it was under a new management now. Yet, i wondered whose.

I headed to the hallway of the conference room when i saw Sophia, my ex-bestfriend, smiling gracefully, welcoming the members of the board. She'd make sure to caress and fling her long hair every minute. I halted for a while, reminicing. I used to have long hair like that. Sophia never liked long hair. she'd always go for something shorter with a fringe. As a matter of fact, she'd always criticize me for my long hair. The fact that i now had to go with a shoulder length hair made me feel so terrible. Rose had a shoulder length hair so i had to cut my hair to fit Rose's. It was the hardest shit ever for me.

Sophia wore a short sleeved designer gown that hug her slim figure and had a princess cut with a little slit and she wore pearl earrings. I used to dress like that. I dropped my jaws in shock. Sophia looked different. She almost looked like Eve. She looked rich. Pearl earrings with a pure golden watch? She must be enjoying my father's wealth.

"Mrs. Rose Sullivan," of course she had to call me that. She doesn't know who i really am. "Welcome, it's been a while." She shot me a smile as she reached out her hands for a shake and i accepted.

"Glad to see you're out of that wheel chair."

"Yes, indeed." I gave her my best fake smile.

I'm back to take what's mine, bitch!

A particular scent hit my nose. I'd know that scent anywhere. I spun and saw Henry approaching us. Henry was Eve's husband. He was my husband. He wore a dark blue armani suit that fit his figure so well. His dark brown hair was slipped back and it complimented his brown eyes. I was stuck on cloud 9 as i watched him walk towards me with a million dollar smile.

Yes, baby, come to mama.

I was about to reach for him, when he slipped past me, and went ahead to give Sophia a peck on her forehead.

Wtf!

I was so furious, i clutched my purse so hard to keep me sane. I literally exploded.

That was supposed to be me!

Of course, they were now married. I watched them act all lovey dovey in my presence. Pathetic.

I rolled my eyes. "If the both of you are done, can we go in now?" I said with a tone hitch with irritation.

"Oh, we're sorry," Henry chuckled slightly. "Welcome, back Mrs. Sullivan."

Yea, now you see me?!

"Thank you." Fake smile.

"Yea, let's go." Sophia smiled brightly and crossed her arms in Henry's, pulling him inside the conference room and i followed after them.

I was pissed, yes but the last thing i would take is for my deceased father to be insulted.

How the fuck do they not know my father's picture was supposed to be hung on the wall of the freaking conference room?!

The only frame that was on the wall was of Henry and Sophia. It's as if after the Buenavista's passing, which was mom, dad and allegedly Eve, they were trying to take over our legacy! Henry's side was understood because he was Eve's husband, fine. But who the hell is, Sophia!

"Breathe, just breathe." I murmured silently to myself before heading on to the my seat. I spun my usual seat around which was close to the boss's and was about to land on it.

"Ah, ah, ah," Sophia ticked her tongue. "This is my seat."

"Excuse me?" While i worked in Buena Corp, when we had meetings, I'd always seat by my father who occupied the boss's seat. Now, the boss's seat was occupied by Henry.

"Mrs. Sullivan, are you having issues remembering things?" She pointed at a seat to the exterior end of the opposite row. "Your seat is over there."

I looked around the conference room. Everyone was seated silently, the only issue now, was me and Sophia.

"I seat next to husband everytime. Also, as the second in command in this company, i have every right to. So, please let's not disgrace ourselves, Mrs Sullivan." She flings her hair at my face and she sits on my seat.

Again, wtf?!