Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Melody POV

I felt myself beginning to wake up, I rolled over and still in my sleepy haze cuddled into the person next to me. I felt their arms wrap around me and pull me closer.

I took a deep breath in and realised Demi was the one holding me. I instantly recognised her scent. It sounds crazy but her scent is so comforting.

I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me. Naturally I blushed and looked away.

"Morning baby girl"

"Good morning Demi"

"Did you sleep ok sweetheart?"

"Yeah, sorry for falling asleep in your bed." I said seriously.

"Hey don't worry about it, you can always sleep in here" she said giving me an extra squeeze.

"Where's Wilmer?"

"He got up a while ago to go look after Millie." She informed me

"Melody?" She said seriously

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

I nodded nervously in response.

She sat up in bed with me still in her arms but we were no longer lay down. I was still comfortable though, in her embrace.

"What happened last night? I thought you were going to come get me if you got overwhelmed"

"You were having so much fun. I didn't want to ruin it for you. I was ok, I just panicked a little and went to bed" I explained

"Ok sweetie but in future please tell me. It doesn't matter how much fun I'm having, I'll always be there if you need me."

"I know Demi I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry bubba, just talk to me" she said, placing loving kisses on my forehead

"What are we doing today?" I asked her

"Well we were going to have a family day but Wilmer wants to see his family that he hasn't seen in a while so he's gonna go there and take Millie with him. I thought we could do something together, is that ok?"

"Yeah sounds good. What are we doing then?"

"First of all I want some cuddles with my Melody and then we could either go shopping, to the beach, to the cinema. Anything really it's up to you" she said happily.

I was more than happy to stay and cuddle with her but I really don't
fancy going anywhere busy and full of people.

"What's the matter sweetie?" Demi softly said, tilting my face to look up at her.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to ask her something I'd wanted for a long time.

"Demi?"

"What is it baby?"

"Will you help me learn how to read?"
I felt my voice shake with nerves while I spoke.

"I would love to help you. Why don't we go to a library where it will be quiet, there will be books and things for your level as well. I only have picture books for Millie." She smiled

"So you don't mind not going shopping or something?"

"No of course not. I just want to spend some quality time with you" she assured me.

I gave her a big hug as a thank you and I could tell she was smiling. We were interrupted by Wilmer and Millie entering the room.

Millie was giggling away in Wilmer's arms.