chapter 19

Demi POV

I carried the young girl from the bathroom back over to her bed. I placed her down and checked her heart rate. It was weak but still there. Surprisingly I wasn’t panicking, I made myself go into mom mode and remained calm. I collected the things I’d need out of the bathroom and sat on the bed beside Melody. As she was unconscious I couldn’t hold her arms under running water so I filled a bowl instead, running water will not only clean the wound, but help to stop the bleeding. I could have used an ice cube instead of cold water to close off the arteries but to save time I just used water and a clean cloth. When the bleeding finally stops I decide to add Vaseline. As a result of the waxy texture of Vaseline, applying a small smear of it to minor cuts will block off the blood flow outside of the skin and give the wound time to clot.

When I’ve finished cleaning her up I lie beside her and stroke her hair away from her face.

Not long later little Millie toddles into the room.

“Baby how did you get upstairs?”

“I walk” she innocently replied

“You don’t walk up or down stairs on your own Millie. It’s dangerous” I warned her but she simply looked up at me and giggled. She’s such a cheeky monkey

“Melly?” she questioned, pointing over to Melody

“Melody is sleeping bubba, we have to be quiet” I whispered

I was glad Millie remained on the floor in the room because I didn’t really want her to question the bandages that I had wrapped around Melodys wrists. She was way too young to be exposed to all that.

Both Millie and I looked towards the door when we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A very angry and stressed looking Wilmer entered the room. His look of anger turned into confusion when he saw the state Melody was in.

“Is everything ok?” he asked

“Well to give you a shortened down version, Melody took something I said the wrong way and before I had chance to explain myself I had to go and sort Millie out. When I came back up here I found her in the bathroom and you can guess what she had done” I explained simply because Millie was in the room and I didn’t want to go into detail.

“Is she ok?”

“She will be, she just needs to rest. Are you ok baby?”

“You wanna know what the phone call was about?”

“Well I am your wife” I replied sarcastically

Wilmer picked up Millie and sat down on the other side of Melody’s bed with her in his lap. He kissed the top of her head before looking up at me sadly.

“It was the tv producers, they want to begin filming a little earlier.”