Chapter 7

Melody POV

I looked up at the person who tapped me on the shoulder and nearly had a heart attack at the realization that Demi Lovato was sat next to me.

This has to be a dream right?

She told me I had to put my ipod away, I did as she said and when I went to put my hand in my bag I felt paper.

That's strange; I never put any in here when i was packing. I pulled it out and noticed that it was a letter. I discreetly turned my body away from Demi and opened it. Great it's my mum's handwriting but I can't bloody read it anyway. I can't exactly ask Demi to read it can I? What if it's bad, then she'll realise that something's wrong. I scrunch it up and return it to my bag just as Demi starts talking to me.

She asks me my name and age and about the music I'm listening to, then she asks me the question i was praying wouldn't come up.

"Are you on your own?" she says sweetly

I tensed up and just nodded in reply.

"Where are your parents sweetie?"

"It's complicated."

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's none of my business" she smiled warmly at me.

I was just about to reply but I froze when I heard the plane's engines start up. I felt myself start to shake, oh come on melody pull yourself together, you can't let your idol see you act like a baby.

I always told myself I would act my complete self if I ever met Demi, I told myself I would be honest with her and tell her anything she wanted to know but I never actually expected to meet her. Being honest is harder than I thought, after keeping all these secrets for so long I don't think I will be able to let them out.

Demi POV

She was about to speak but the plane's engine started and it began to move away from the gate and towards the runway. Fear covered melody's face and I watched as her body began to shake. I nudged Wilmer and got his attention, he looked at melody then back to me.

"Babe, look after her. You know what to do" he said as he placed a loving kiss on my lips.

I turned back towards melody who had tears flowing down her doll-like face.

"Not like flying sweetheart?"

She shook her head rapidly.

I took her hand in mine and she flinched again but didn't move it. It was like she hadn't had human comfort in forever.

"Shhhh melody is ok. You're safe, nothing is going to happen"