Chapter 22

Melody POV

I took a deep breath when Demi pulled up outside her moms house.

While we were going to be picking Millie up anyway, she decided it was time to introduce me to her family and I was not looking forward to it.

Demi unfastened her seatbelt and turned to look at me.

"Come on then Melody" she said as she began to get out the car.

When I didn't move a muscle she got back in and closed the door.

"What's the matter baby girl?"

"I'm scared." I admitted. There was no point in lying or trying to hide it from her. She was too good a figuring out the truth.

"There's no need to be scared. You're part of this family now, you're gonna love them"

"I know I'll love them. But what if they don't like me? What if they hate me?"

"I can promise you that won't happen. I'll be right there with you, I'll admit to you that I'm a little nervous myself though. Not because I think they won't love you but just because it's big news." She told me.

I gave her a weak smile and nodded my head.

"Let's go bubba" she said and smiled in return.

We walked up to the front door hand in hand. There was no way I'd let go and if Demi did I don't know what I'd do.

As its her family home there's no knocking involved, she pushed the front door open and led us inside.

"Mom" she shouted.

"Livingroom" Diana shouted back, making me chuckle to myself.

My heart rate picked up as we got closer and closer the livingroom. I was trying my best to keep it under control so they didn't think I was a freak.

We entered the livingroom to see everyone's heads turn and stare at us.

Little Millie picked herself up off the floor and attempted to run towards Demi.

"Mama" she giggled when she reached Demi.

Demi scooped her up into her arms, threw her up in the air then held her close. This ultimately meant Demi had to let go of my hand, making me feel incredibly exposed and vulnerable at the loss of physical contact.

"Hey, how's mommy's baby girl?" She said to Millie

Millie just giggled in response and placed a sloppy kiss on Demi's lips.

Demi placed Millie on her hip and Millie happily snuggled into her mom.

After Demi had finished greeting Millie she looked and noticed everyone's eyes on me.

"Guys I need to introduce you to somebody very special. This is mine and Wilmer's newly adopted daughter Melody"

Everyone looked around at each other in shock, their mouths hanging open.

Demi took my hand again and led us towards the sofa. We sat down and faced her family, this has to be one of the most awkward situations I've ever been in.

"Melly" Millie said, holding her hands out for me

Demi and I smiled and I took Millie from her. Millie hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder.

How is it a two year old can make me feel calmer and more comfortable?

"It's nice to meet you melody" Diana finally said, breaking the awkward silence.