Chapter 16

Melody POV

I fought with Demi for half an hour during breakfast. She was adamant that I ate something so Demi being Demi practically force fed me. The second I'd finished eating she ushered us all out the house and into the car, ruining my plan to go and purge.

I was feeling incredibly sick due to the amount of food in my stomach but Wilmer was making me laugh so I was kind of distracted. I've never seen someone so excited to see some dolphins.

"Millie you excited to see the dolphins?" Wilmer shouted back to Millie who was sat just babbling away to herself.

She looked up at the mention of her name but had no idea what Wilmer was on about.

"Haha I think you're on your own there babe" Demi laughed, taking hold of his hand while the other held the steering wheel.

"She'll be excited when she sees them" he replied

"If you say so love"

After that I sat back and put my headphones in and listened to the old shitty little iPod that my mom gave me one night she was drunk. I don't care, as long as I can listen to Demi's music.

Some would say it's weird still listening to her music now she's adopted me but I can't resist. Her music was there for me even before she was.

What's weird is that I'm now part of her "family"

I don't feel like I am though. I see Demi, Wilmer and Millie together and they're a family. I'm just some stupid tag along that follows them around and uses their spare bedroom.

I press skip on the iPod until I get the the song I want. I know you're thinking why don't I just scroll down and click it but I can't read the titles so I just have to press next until I recognise the song.

When we arrive Wilmer parks up and goes and sorts out Millie's pushchair. Demi opens her door and gets Millie out.

"Come to mummy little one" she says as she takes Millie's arms out of the car seat.

When she tries to put her in the pushchair Millie starts crying.

"What's that matter baby girl?" Demi asks her

"Melly" she cries

"What baba?"

"Melly" she repeats

"Oh you want melody"

Millie's cries stop and she sticks her bottom lip out and nods.

"Melody are you ok to hold her for a bit?" Demi asks

"That's fine" I say nervously. I've never held a baby before. I know I held her hand when we were shopping but I've never had one in my arms.

Demi passes Millie over to me and I think back to what Demi does. I swung her round a little and placed her on my hip. Millie seemed quite happy there so I must be doing something right.

"You're a natural melody" Demi smiles at me

"T-thanks" I stutter.

I can't help being nervous around Demi. She makes me feel so vulnerable, like if I look into her eyes I'll just cry and want nothing more than to be in her arms.

But she's Millie's mom.

Not mine

"Melody if she gets too heavy for you let me know and you can have a break" Demi said as we walked towards the entrance of the aquarium.

"She's tiny" I said

"She may have just turned two but after a while she will get heavy in your arms"