Chapter 10

Melody POV.

I woke up with Demi's arms still wrapped tightly around me.

Naturally I snuggled further into her, just wanting comfort.

I looked up at her and saw her smiling down at me. I hope she doesn't mind me cuddling her.

"Good morning sweetie"

"Morning demi. How long have you been awake?"

"Not long, I woke up to Wilmer and Millie laughing, I'm surprised you slept through it. I think he was tickling her for about twenty minutes" she replied

"Oh. I must have just been really tired"

"You had a rough night sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

All the memories of the night before came flooding back and I was suddenly feeling really self-conscious remembering that Demi had once again seen my vulnerable side.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened melody?"

"No I'm fine" I said bluntly

"Are you sure, you seemed pretty shaken up?"

"It was just a nightmare. It's fine" I said again. That wasn't a complete lie, I did have another nightmare it was also just a combination of true flashbacks that will haunt me forever.

"How about we get up, have some breakfast then plan what to do today?" She suggested.

My heart sank at the thought of eating but I knew I'd have to eat in front of her at some point, I'd just have to get really good at hiding the purging part.

"Ok" I finally answered

"Come on then sweetheart, up we get"

She pulled the covers back and climbed out of bed, she held her hand out for me and led me downstairs.

We reached the living room and I looked up at Demi who was stood silently smiling as she watched Wilmer interacting with Millie.

He was catching up on watching sports whilst giving Millie a bottle at the same time. She was still small enough to be completely laying on his chest. He had one arm holding her body while the other held the bottle. He was talking to her about the rules of football, I don't think she was paying attention but she seemed to just like the sound of her dad's voice.

I can't really remember my real dad. He left my mom when I was four. I don't blame him for leaving, I'd have left her too if I could have.

I'm not gonna lie, I would have liked a dad, someone there to protect me and stop me getting hurt. Someone to sit and watch sports with me. Millie was a very lucky girl to have Demi and Wilmer as parents.

When Wilmer noticed us stood there he got up off the sofa with Millie and walked over to Demi to give her a good morning hug and kiss.

I stood there awkwardly looking at the floor while the three of them shared a family moment.

Demi took Millie from Wilmer and carried her through to the kitchen.

"Hey there melody" Wilmer smiled

"H-hi" I stuttered

"Come on let's go eat"

I followed him into the kitchen and sat down at the table. Demi had just about managed to get Millie to sit in her high chair.

"Wilmer have you fed Millie?"

"She's had half a bottle of milk" he answered

"So you let her fill up on milk before we had the chance to get proper food in her. Nice going daddy" she said sarcastically