Chapter 1

She became mine

Chapter 1

Melody POV

Your life plays out on the shadow of the wall, you turn the light on to erase it all. You wonder what it's like to not feel worthless, so open all the blinds and all the curtains.

Ok, you caught me; they're lyrics from a song. They have been going through my head for the complete duration of my walk to school this morning. The way I see it, they are just telling you that you need a little light in your life and everything will be better. What a load of rubbish. As soon as that sun rises in the morning my life gets worse. I'd rather be in the dark with my own thoughts, at least then only I can hurt myself. At least then I can escape from the torture of everybody else around me.

I'm not completely alone though.

I have my daemons for company

You would have thought that sick feeling in my stomach that i get when i see the school gates would have gone after a year.

But no.

It gets worse every day.

As soon as I see those gates my chest goes tight, my palms start sweating and my stomach turns.

Ok melody, just breath, you can do this.

Who am I kidding, I can't do this. I have two options right now, run home only for the school to ring my parents and them to beat me. Or go inside and get beaten by the bullies. Well that's a loose loose situation if I ever saw one.

I think I'm gonna take my chances with the bullies; I may be able to Miss them this morning if I run quick enough to my first lesson.

Well here it goes, wish me luck.