Chapter 21

Melody POV

"Demi why couldn't I have stayed at your house" I whined as she drove towards the studio

"Ok for starters it's not my house it's our home and secondly I want you with me so I know you're ok" she explained

"But Millie didn't have to come" I moaned like a toddler

"Sweetie I can't keep an eye on Millie as easily, she's better off with my mom"

"So you really just want to openly spy on me"

"Not quite darling but I do wanna make sure you're ok, and you might enjoy it"

"I'm not saying that I won't enjoy it, it's just" I stopped before I said something I'd regret

"It's just what baby girl?" She spoke softly

"It doesn't matter"

"Come on hunny, don't push me away tell me what's wrong."

Demi had just pulled up to park outside the studio. She turned the car ignition off and turned to face me, pulling my hands apart so she can hold them in her own.

"It's ok melody, you can talk to me"

"How many people will be here?" I nervously asked

"Oh melody. There won't be many at all, recording is a very intimate process and I'll make sure that you can see me the entire time ok. If you need me for anything I want you to tell me. Don't be scared about interrupting, you come first"

I couldn't stop myself from letting go of her hands and reaching for her. She easily pulled my petit body on to her lap and held me close.

"I love you melody. Please remember that"

"I love you too Demi"

"Now come on. Let's go make some music" she childishly giggled

Walking into the studio I was filled with anxiety, Demi sensed this and once again reached for my hand.

"You're ok. You're safe" she whispered

We entered the small studio and it looked really cosy actually. There was only three other people in the room but when we walked in their eyes fell on me.

I felt myself sense up and Demi gave my hand an extra squeeze.

I was starting to panic but Demi began to talk and the sound of her voice was rather soothing.

"Guys this is my newly adopted daughter melody. The media and even my family don't know yet so if you don't mind keeping it on the down low please" Demi said professionally

I was shocked that she introduced me as her daughter.

A young woman stood up and walked over to us. I instinctively clung to Demi's side. She let go of my hand causing me to whimper at the loss of contact but moved it to rest on my lower back. She silently comforted me and the woman reached us.

"Hey Nat" Demi smiled warmly

"Hey Dems, hey sweetie I'm Natalie, Demi's assistant. If you need anything and Demi's busy you can come to me ok"

I liked this woman she seemed kind and she wasn't intimidating, she had a friendly face.

"Thank you" I managed to get out

Demi turned and crouched down in front of me.

"Alright sweetheart I've got to start working now ok. I've brought my iPad for you and there's Netflix on there if you want to watch a film or something or you can watch and listen to me sing. It's your choice"